Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How often does your baby blow out a diaper?

Mine blows one out at least once a day.Its almost always out the top of the back. I can't get them any tighter. When he poops it sounds like an explosion.....is that true for your LO? He's EBF.

I have tried huggies, pampers, and luvs. We are in Size 2 which is 12-18 lbs and he is only 14 lbs. Should I try 3's or is that crazy? Is there another special kind that has worked for anyone with this problem?

Re: How often does your baby blow out a diaper?

• Options

DS only poops 2-3 times a week, so just about every time is a bo.  DS is ebf.  Can you loosen the diaper a little bit so that it has room for the poop in the bottom of the diaper or can you get a size 2-3 (I'm not sure if they even come in that combined size)?

I just hear a big squish.

• Options
    I use cloth diapers and this NEVER happens.  When she was first born and we used Huggies/Pampers it happened daily.  Probably not what you wanted to hear though . . . lol.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Occasionally Ds has a blowout and it is just like the ones you described, up the back. I use pampers swaddlers. I made sure the diaper is up as high as possible in the back. We are also in size 2. If Ds is sitting in his bumbo it's always going to be a blowout on his side. I have not found a way to prevent this.
  • Options
    never have.
  • Options
    imagewilberta2006:

DS only poops 2-3 times a week, so just about every time is a bo.  DS is ebf.  Can you loosen the diaper a little bit so that it has room for the poop in the bottom of the diaper or can you get a size 2-3 (I'm not sure if they even come in that combined size)?

I just hear a big squish.

Mine poops several times a day. It is so loud that if we're in public people turn around and gawk. I thought it was normal until my mom stood with her mouth open in disbelief and then started laughing. And she has 9 grandkids.

• Options
    While we usually have a blowout once or twice a week, LO had two blowouts yesterday within a couple of hours and to put the icing on the cake both were while he was on my lap. We tried huggies, pampers, and luvs and so far we have the best luck with pampers. We also found that moving LO up a size helped reduce the blowouts so buying a pack of size 3s is worth a try. You really have nothing to lose as LO will eventually wear them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD has a diaper blow out every couple of days...as long as I change it right away it usually doesn't make it out the sides/top. She usually doesn't have very big poops though. She is EBF as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It has yet to happen.  Even with my 2 older kids, it only happened a handful of times between the 2 of them.
  • Options
    My LO blows out a diaper on average about every other day...some days multiple times in a day! Sometimes its out the back, other times its from the leg holes (especially in the bumbo). I've tried both Pampers and HUggies and they both are the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS goes through phases - sometimes it's once a week and then sometimes it's everyday.  Usually he blows out the side, not the top, but when the diapers are getting too small he blows out the top at the back.
  • Options
    only had a blowout while we were using disposables on vacation and it happened 2x in 5 days.  never happened in his cloth diapers.
  • Options
    She's only blown out a diaper like 3 times ever. I would try a bigger size diaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"