Illinois Babies

Birth Certificate Drama

I can't get a Birth Certificate for 90 days??? is that right? My Pedi didn't let us come for our 6 week appt because BCBS didn't have a BC and won't add her until. They saw us for 4 day and 10 day and refused after that! I ordered it from Vital check and thats the news I just got. I need help, can someone tell me what to do here? What if my baby gets sick?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth Certificate Drama

• We have BCBS and had to wait about that long for birth certificate and social security number and it was no problem.  I would maybe try speaking with a supervisor at BCBS b/c that's sounds like somebody didn't know what they were talking about there.
  • We had similar drama as DH's insurance requested "proof of paternity." I called the hospital where I delivered and they issued a piece of paper/form identifying the baby's birth as well as paternity. The hospital knew exactly what I needed and the insurace accpeted the form.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We definately got our BCs in less than 90 days.  But technically DS was born in DuPage, not cook.  I don't know which county you're in.

I'd still talk to the pedi, though.  Honestly, they have to know how long it takes to get a BC in your area; and it just doesn't make sense that they're refusing to see you.  Honestly, I would find another pedi.  They should be more used to this situation.  Did you talk to the office mgr?

• Hmmm. When DD was born we had Aetna. I couldn't request her birth certificate until she was 3 weeks old. But the insurance company added her effective her DOB and then as soon as I got the birth certificate I faxed them a copy. Maybe contact your HR or the health department? GL. PS The pediatrician saw her too.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"