Philadelphia Babies

Moms near Garnet Valley

We're moving to Garnet Valley on Monday and are so excited! Our first house and in such a beautiful neighborhood!!! My daughter is 2.5 and son is 9 months. Can anyone tell me about their young children's activities? I stay home with them and am interested in a playgroup and also wanted to see about part time programs for my daughter (she currently goes to the ymca for an hour in the morning but may be ready for a p/t structure program in the fall?) I'm not even sure where I can take her before she's potty trained and before she turns 3 in January though? Anyway, whatever suggestions on what's available in the area would be great!!

Re: Moms near Garnet Valley

• My DD is in FT daycare, but my cousin goes to Makin' Music and loves it - https://www.makinmusic.com

There's also a Gymboree on 202 that we checked out. IELla liked it a ton but I didn't want to put out the $ when she already does all that stuff in daycare.

The Rocky Run Y might have programs too. 

• I just joined the MOMS club of Garnet Valley.  They do a lot of activities (but I haven't had a chance to go to one yet).  You might want to check that out. 
    BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • We are still TTC, but I know the area pretty well. The Rocky Run Y is wonderful! I love going and they seem to have great kids programs.

And non-baby related....

You are also lucky enough to be close to some great shopping at Brinton Lake and the new Target/Home Goods shopping center across the street on Route 1/Route 322.

Also, check out Styers garden Nursery store/center. They have the cutest things for inside/outside the home and the best little lunch caf?. I think the guy who owns Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters owns this place, very cool.

Welcome to the area!  Good luck with the move. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about the area.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"