Special Needs

Ragdoll

Quick question - I know you mentioned that it was after your DD's 2 mo shots that she became sick with intussusecption. How soon after did you notice symptoms? My DS just had his shots about 5 days ago and had a mild reaction (cranky, low grade fever) so we are just watching him now. He seems to be doing okay but I keep thinking about you and your experience....
image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ragdoll

• Hi.  Abby had a low grade fever the day after her shots.  That is pretty typical (my other DD always got one when she got her shots, we even started giving her tylenol before we went in fo rher shots) and she only had one low fever so we disregarded it.  She started having feeding problems the next day as well, but we didn't think it was the shots since she was a problem feeder anyway.  It was 5 days later she started bleeding.  That was due to the intussusception.  In hind sight her feeding issues were probably related to it as well, but it was difficult to tell.  I must say that intussusception is specifically related to the Rotavirus vaccine, so if your DS didn't have that vaccine then I wouldn't worry about intusussception.    

I don't want my story to scare people.  I have learned the very hard way that I need to question doctors more. 

• Well thank you - because of your story, I will keep me eye out for any other changes as he did have the rotovirus. I wasn't thinking and just did the typical 2 mo shots and now am kicking myself for letting him have  5 different vaccinations in one sitting while he is so small and already immune compromised with Down Syndrome. I know what you mean - I just did what the docs told me!
    image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"