Upstate NY Babies
Options

Breast milk banks? Donation?

OK, don't hate me, it is actually a PITA.  But DH is giving me a hard time about stroring so much breast milk because with Tyler, it was all spoiled when time came that I needed some of my freezer stash.  And it was taking up half the space in our chest freezer.  I already have 20+ bags stored.  I was thinking of donating some, but don't even know where to start in finding a place.  I Googled, but got nothing.  Anyone, ideas?

I am so sick of milk, I can't find a breast pad that does the job.  Not only do I wake up every morning drenched in sticky milk, but this morning I was standing in the kitchen cleaning pumps when I suddenly felt something dripping on my foot.  I was leaking through my pad, bra, night gown and dripping on the floor.  I have tried maxi pads cut in half for breast pads, but they are not absorbant fast enough and I had absorbancy jell balls all over me!  Anyone know of any pads that are super absorbant?  I swear if we have another baby, I am taking a paci with me to the hospital and not let baby marathon nurse the first few days like Tyler and Brianna did so this wont happen again!

Re: Breast milk banks? Donation?

• Options

I do not think there are any milk banks in this area. (by that I mean all of upstate NY.. I think there MIGHT be one in NYC). So your freezer stash doesn't go bad, could you start giving Brianna maybe a bottle a day/night once she gets to be around 3 weeks? Since you have such a good supply you don't have to worry about losing it.. I have also heard of people weaning early and switching to soley stored frozen BM..

I don't have any suggestions for you as far as the pads go.. Lansinoh ones work best for me, but in the beginning I remember leaking around those too..and I also remember the dripping on the floor days, although I certainly never had any oversupply issues..  But, as I am sure you know.. your supply WILL regulate and it won't be as bad within a couple months..  I actually can go without bra pads most days..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"