Illinois Babies
Options

Good Sheppard Advocate Hospital in Barrington

We just went there on Saturday for our maternity tour...We were not impressed AT ALL. Has anyone had any experience there? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good Sheppard Advocate Hospital in Barrington

• Options

I had my son at Good Shepherd last year and I had an excellent experience.  I plan to deliver my next child there as well. 

• Options
    My friend delivered there in October and loved it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband had his cancer surgery there, I have been to their ER, both FIL and MIL have been hospitalized there. I really like it, I love the small hospital feel. 
  • Options
    I'm planning on delivering there in November but we haven't gone on the tour yet. ?Just curious why you weren't impressed with it, I have heard all good things about Good Shepherd Hospital.
  • Options

Okay...the thing is wewent for an hour tour...the first 45 was spent talking about how nice the NEW maternity section was going to be SOOOOO nice...with all the details and pictures...when it is finished...in one-two years...well that's great and all but what about NOW? Well since they haven't opened the new wing yet...patients might have to share a room there are only 8...going into this they really pushed how they make sure you are pampered during your pregnancy...fine...I don't really need all that...I did take them up on the one hour free massage.. and plan on getting the free mani/ Pedi...which is sweet...but if they would have told me that there was a chance that I would be sharing a room...and no cot for hubby then I would have planned on delivering at Centegra in McHenry...However, the OB I chose doesn't deliver at Centegra...and I don't want to look for a new one this far....I don't know...maybe I am just being a hormonal b!tch...I am sure everything will be fine...staff seemed nice...but I just wish there was less attention on the new section and more on what is now.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    by the way...ladies that had a good experience...what really stood out in your mind? I would like to focus on the positive and have some good thoughts to look foreward to!
  • Options

I really enjoyed the small-hospital feel and felt like I received much more attention than I would have in a larger hospital.  It also feels warmer and more welcoming than the bigger hospitals.  The nurses and hospital staff were very nice.  The day I delievered, there were only two other women giving birth that day as well, so there is a good chance you will have your own room.  I'd hate to have to share one too!  Hopefully the renovations will be done by the time I have #2!

• Options
    When are the renovations scheduled to be completed?
  • Options
    thats a good question bcuz im due in dec.
  • Options

My baby boy was delievered at Good Shepherd last year (3/25/08). I really liked the hospital and had a very good experience there. I almost did not want to leave (I felt sad in a way) because I felt that they really pampered me alot. I felt whenever I called them they were always there for me and took good care of me and my baby. If I have a second child I will most definitely deliver there. I think because it's a smaller hospital you get better attention in my opinion. I did not have to share a room with anyone when I delivered, but they did tell me on the tour that if something happend where they were really busy that week for deliver you might have to double up, but luckily there wasn't that many deliveres at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"