Infertility
Options

Follistim left in heat + what the CVS pharmacist said

Thanks so much ttc2 for suggesting to call a 24 hour CVS.  I found one (in another city) and here is what the pharmacist said:

He basically couldn't give me an answer "for sure" as to if the follistim is any good. (He actually initially thought I was referring to eyedrops).  He said that I should ask the doctor for a definite answer BUT he thinks that it's not any good because the medicine is "hormones" which he thinks goes bad like instantly in heat.  While we were on the phone, he looked it up online (it sounded like he said a monograph or something like that--something that pharmacists at cvs have access to) and that he couldn't find any info on it because they don't sell it there.

FYI.  I thought others will want to know.  i'm gonna have to use it tonight and tomorrow unfortunately---i don't see any other way out of it.  My nurse was really trying to help up out (financially) but now it looks like we're gonna have to end up paying for it all now because of my STUPID mistake.  I'm in tears.  I guess I'll see what my bloodwork looks like Tuesday morning (but I"ll probably order meds tomorrow).

Re: Follistim left in heat + what the CVS pharmacist said

• Options
    smileesmilee member

Oh, sweetie.... I am so sorry.  I wish I had some left over to send to you. :(

Good luck... I hope that you find that it does indeed still work.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I cant imagine it would hurt to use it. I just hope the heat didnt weaken it. Maybe its ok to use but it wont last long? Im 100% OOP so I totally get it. I would use it and call the pharmacy your RE uses as soon as you know they will be open. I think they will be the best bet because when I had questions about unrefrigerated Ovidrel my nurse told me to call the pharmacy. GL!
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( I was hoping for better news. But maybe it will still work!!
  • Options

freedom fertility pharmacy has a pharmacist on staff 24 hrs...they may be able to answer questions...freedomdrug.com

I'm sorry! that stuff is like liquid gold!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I called my RE this morning and the nurse should call me back.  I'm calling Freedom right now.  (I couldn't get through last night, but I'll try again. 
  • Options
    Oh boy. ?Hope you hear something soon.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Please post the answer when you get it. Mine was unrefridgerated for a few hours so I am wondering if it hurt it at all.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"