New Jersey Babies

Midwife Recs in North Jersey

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for midwifes or birthing centers in North/ Central Jersey. Anyone have a great experience with one?

I'm just starting my research. Just found I'm pregnant out 2 days ago!

Thanks!

Re: Midwife Recs in North Jersey

• I'm using Avalon Midwives in West Caldwell and absolutely love them! They deliver at morristown hospital. they have their own rooms, but the hospital has a level 3 NICU and experiences doctors in case there is an emergency. so I feel like I get my natural experience and my husband gets piece of mind!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh great! I have an appointment with them next week. 

Glad to hear you like them. I've been doing more research and I've been reading good things about them. Hopefully you will have a good story to share in a few weeks too ;)

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Are you looking for a hospital birth or a home birth? There really aren't any birth centers in NJ...I looked!! I can recommend a home birth midwife :)
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I use Hackettstown Midwives in warren county
  • If it's a homebirth midwife you're looking for Judith Hagan comes highly reccommended.  If you're planning a hospital birth, I ditto the rec for Hackettstown Midwices (and Hackettstown Hospital) and will add All Women's Healthcare in Flemmington.  I have worked with the Hackettstown Midwives as a doula, and reccommend the Flemmington midwives from my own birth experience. 
  • My friend raved about her midwife in Denville. I believe her name is Marla Scott. She said she was very supportive and she loved her!

• I'm using the Hackettstown Midwives as well and love them so far.  Hackettstown Hospital doesn't have a NICU, but they will transport to Morristown when necessary.  I like that Hackettstown isn't a teaching hospital (like Morristown is) because then you don't have student doctors who have to get in X number of procedures who may want to do something that isn't absolutely necessary.
  • Hackettstown is a great hospital if you want waterbirth! I could not have one but i delivered my twins there last year!

By the way Hackettstown does have student nurses comes in! last year when i delivered my twins they had student nurses were there and they asked if it was ok if they were there. I didn't mind though

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going with Avalon midwives because they came HIGHLY recommended from a very close friend.  I would really prefer a home birth but my family thinks I'm insane.  So I figured delivering in the birthing center at Morristown would be a nice compromise!  I'm HOPING for a water birth!

My first appointment is on Monday and I can't wait!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"