Illinois Babies
Options

All Kids Health Insurance

Does anyone here use the All kids health insurance?  Just wondering if anyone here has experience with it and opinions on it.

Re: All Kids Health Insurance

• Options
    it is my understanding that all kids is public aid for those who do not have insurance. we have a lot of public aid patients with these cards. it is very hard to find good providers since the reimbursment rate is low but if you do not have insurance this is the states way of making sure you are taken care of. In our area none of the private pediatricians accept this and all of our patients we have to send to the clinics. but there are docs that accept it but you have to look to find a good one sometimes.
  • Options

All Kids is not the same as Kid Care, which is a Medicaid program.  All Kids is a low cost insurance program with more affordable premiums.  Families with incomes that exceed the guidelines for Kid Care but cannot afford the premiums for most private, commercial insurance programs, can seek to  enroll in All Kids.  Many quality providers accept both payment sources.  It's a major misconception that only poor quality physicians accept Medicaid or other types of payment outside of private insurance. 

You can check out the www.allkidscovered.com for more information.  I'm in and out of several physician offices on a regular basis and see the All Kids signs all over the place.  I've seen it in our pedi's office in Naperville as well.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I apologize for the confusion. I am then not aware of the acceptance rate of that aound here. I am not saying that only poor quality physicians accept medicaid but in the hospitals I practice at, none of the private physicians will accept it. I have a very hard time when discharging a baby home to find the parents a pediatrician and have to rely alot on the local clinics for follow-up. I know it is very different depending on what are you live.
  • Options

I have All Kids, for myself and soon for my son.  I did not have health insurance when I found out I was pregnant and even if I had enrolled in BCBS or another plan, I still would not be covered because they consider pregnancy to be a pre exsisting condition....  It does differ from KidKare but it is still used by lower income families and is provided through the state.  Its actually prorated based on your income. 

It was hard for me to find an OB that accepts it and a pediatrician that will take it as well.  That however does not mean that you cannot find a good one.  My OB takes 10 women a month with it, and I found a local pediatrician who so far (we've only met once) seems to be really nice.

I would love to hear of the pediatricians that anyone finds who takes it too, so I have a backup just in case.

edit: in case your wondering, I am on the all kids moms and babies program that was designed for pregnant women.  It will expire for me 90 days after I deliver, but my son will continue to get coverage past me.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"