Success after IF

XP: Rash on arms - so far, itch-less

Hey ladies,

Today I developed a rash of tiny tiny red bumps on my forearms.  It does not itch, and from what I can tell, is restricted only to my forearms.

I have an Ob appt tomorrow so I will certainly ask then, and it's very possible it's just some sort of contact dermatitis.  But has anyone else experienced this?  I'm going to go have a shower to see if it is some sort of oddity.  I hope it's nothing that will get worse or stick around!

Thanks!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.

Re: XP: Rash on arms - so far, itch-less

• I've gotten weird rashes several times now.  Twice on my abdomen, once on my arm, once near my knee.  They have all gone away within a day, with no rhyme or reason, and no itching.  It's weird.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had that while PG it did not start to itch til I was in my 3rd trimester, if it starts to itch my OB said Benadryl cream is perfectly fine to use.  It helped the itching but did not clear up the rash.

The rash went away 48 hours after I gave birth.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I woke up this morning scratching the heck out of my legs. When I went to bed I was fine. Got up used the bathroom, scratched my legs until they were all red and splotchy and then felt fine. Haven't had any issues since.

Now that I think of it this is the 1st time this has happened since I got pg. Hmmm. The joys of being pg.

• I have this right now!  But it's on my hands and feet only.  Mine didn't itch at first but after a few days it does.  My OB made me come in for it on Monday and diagnosed it as contact dermatitis, mostly because she had no other way to explain it. 

I have really sensitive skin already (can only use free and clear detergent, Dove soup, fragrance free lotion, etc).  The only thing I did "different" was spray Raid Ant spray in our house last week without shoes on.  She thinks that's how I got it.  Feel lucky it's on your arms and you can make nothing rub on it.  Shoes suck for me right now! 

• epphdepphd member

Thanks ladies,

The rash is still just the same, and has now spread to the back of my lower legs.  For the most part it is not itchy, but of course as soon as I think about it, I start scratching ;)  I'll talk to the doc about it.  I also have very sensitive skin so this is probably just some weirdo rash.  The last time I had this type of rash was after spending two days in the sun slathered with sunscreen. Anyway, sounds like it's not a big deal!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"