Detroit Babies

Nurse-Midwives

We're looking to leave our OB and find a nurse MW associated with an OB office that delivers at Royal Oak Beaumont. Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nurse-Midwives

• Sorry, the nurse midwives got kicked out of Royal Oak over a decade ago because they wouldn't let the residents do as many vaginal exams as they wanted.  *rolls eyes*  You'll have to go to either Troy Beaumont or Providence, Southfield.  The practice at Troy is called Oakland Macomb OBGYN and the practice at Providence is called  Metro Partners in Women's Health.  Actually, there is also a practice at the New Henry Ford West Bloomfield, as well as one at Hutzel with midwives.  All of them are pretty good!
  • Normal 0

My mom is a CNM (outside the area) and my husband is a doctor in his residency, so I have much higher standards than most people.  We used the CNMs at Oakland-Macomb OB-GYN for my daughter?s birth in February at Troy Beaumont.  They were AMAZING throughout my entire pregnancy.  And I had a more beautiful birth than I could have imagined (this was also in part thanks to the L&D nurses at Troy).  I was able to go naturally, which was my wish, but in no way forced upon me.  It was a really wonderful experience.  I would recommend them with the highest praise a hundred times over.

Also, from my husband?s limited experience on the OB floor at Royal Oak, he was much happier that we delivered at Troy.  It seems that the Royal Oak hospital treats the labor process less as a natural experience and more like patients with a ?medical problem?.  This obviously was not the type of birth I was interested in, which is why I chose midwifery care.
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"