3rd Trimester
Options

I think my MIL just called CPS on me!

OMG!  CPS just came to my door...The social worker told me that they recieved a concerned call regarding the health of our unborn baby.  She asked me if I am using drugs, if I am attempting to cause a miscarriage at home to end my pregnancy, and if I am keeping all of my prenatal appointments. 

Um...  I have NEVER even smoked a cigareete EVER!!!!!  I just put my baby's nursery together, and I have never missed a ob/gyn appointment.  I showed her our 4d ultrasound pictures and told her how in love we are with our baby already.  Also, I am a CATHOLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!!!!!   WTH???? 

She told me that CPS needs to check up on every call and that basically the case is closed and I have nothing to worry about. 

My MIL has been causing us serious problems.  My husband just recently (this past weekend) told her that he has hired a professional mediator and that if she wants to be a part of our life, she must sit down and talk out some of her boundry issues.  She was beyond disgusted that he even suggested boundries.  She is HIS mother.  Their are no boundries apparently. She is afraid that I am going to keep the baby from her.  (uhhh yeah, it actually is looking that way now!) IF you look in my past posts, my MIL problems have been a reoccuring theme.  She canceled our shower becasue I didn't give her a kiss on the cheek, she accidently forwarded me a nasty e-mail, and when we went to talk to her about all of this, she pounded her fist on the kitchen table and said "You Will Respect Me!!!  I am 60 and you are in your 20's!"  uh huh....

We have been married for 2 years, and are very happy.  I am not even mad about this, just shocked.  Really, Really Shocked! 

Of course, I have no idea if it really was her, however who else would do something like that?  Also, all of the accusations were directed twards me and not my husband and me. 

Re: I think my MIL just called CPS on me!

• Options
    are you serious!?  this is so desparate housewives.....i just cannot believe someone would do this to you.....I am so sorry
  • Options
    Holy sh!t, I don't even know what to say.   You don't need people like that in your child's life anyway, too destructive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You and your DH need to change your names and go into witness protection! that b!tch is nuts!
  • Options

Wow.

She sounds BSC. I would keep her far away from your baby!

• Options

I am so shocked . . . there just aren't words!

Did they give you any idea as to what kind of follow-up they have to do?  I would be in such a panic thinking CPS would show up at the hospital, too!

And as for your MIL . . . well, just stopping all contact should be good enough.  I wouldn't even bother with a mediator if she is truly the one who called CPS.  Its just crossing the line so far, you don't need someone like that in your child's life.  Who knows if she would do it again?

• Options
    Holy BSC MIL.... I can't even believe that!!!
  • Options

WOW!

what a biitch!

and for your dh to tell her he hired a mediator? lolz i would have loved to see the look on her face

• Options

OMG!! And here I thought my MIL was satan in disguise.....

Sorry you have to deal with this, but my gut tells me that it's going to get worse once your LO arrives, especially if you don't parent the way she did.

You and your DH are going to have to figure something out, even if it means having nothing to do with her....Yikes!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Im always shocked when people sink this low....terrible....im sorry you had to go through that
  • Options
    OMG!!!!  That's a new low in the MIL dept.  I can't believe she would call CPS.  I'm not trying to be funny but does she have a key to your house?  If so, I'd get my locks changed before I brought DC home.  I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this but luckily DH is not taking any of her cr*p.
  • Options
    Holy cow.  I would definitely cut ties with her if you think it was her who called.  That is totally unacceptable.  If she is willing to do something like that, what ELSE would she be willing to do??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

She said that she had to look into the call, but did not see anything that would require a follow up visit.  I guess they get calls like this all the time, mostly from ex-spouses making false accusations for custody reasons.  Pretty Crazy!

• Options
    imageSharonWantsABaby:

Wow.

THIS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is some seriously BSC behavior on your MIL's part.  Wow.
  • Options
    WOW...that's crazy!  I hope you and your husband can work it out with her, and if not...you'll just have to do what best for your family...you, DH and your little one.  GL to you!
  • Options

You win the crazy mother-in-law award for today!

View Image

• Options
    imageSharonWantsABaby:

Wow.

this that is just nuts. I would be worried she would try and take the babe or something if she were left alone with it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I am so sorry! that is seriously crazy.  WTH heck do mothers and MIL's think that way sometimes. I hope everything works out for you, meddling inlaws can be a total burden on a marriage. At least DH sides with you.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't believe anyone would do that!  I would just stop all contact with MIL at this point.  At least CPS said the case would be closed at this point. 
  • Options
    I am sorry you are dealing with such a nut case. To me if you do find out she is in fact the one who made the call I would most definitely want her to stay as far away from my child as can be. This kind of incident is unacceptable and unforgiveable. The women needs professional help, what's next, her calling again after the baby is born and them coming to your home to check if you are being a good parent? That is a huge headache that you need to live without.
  • Options
    Uh, yeaaahhh ... you need to cut off contact with her, let her know that she's crossed a line that you can't go back on. Sorry to DH, but that's way too much. If she keeps calling them, they WILL eventually find something.
  • Options

WOW!  That is crazy!  I didn't even think CPS took calls on unborn children.

• Options
    t.birdt.bird member
  • Options

Holy Crap!!!  If it's possible (and may not be legally) I'd try to find out if it WAS your MIL who called CPS.  If it was her, your DH needs to do something.

Good luck to you!

I'm going to give my MIL a huge hug tomorrow because she's so supportive and loves me and I'm grateful for that.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

What does DH say?  Has sshe always been like this?  Can you cut ties with her?

That really sucks, I'm sorry. 

• Options
    imageSquishycheeks:

You win the crazy mother-in-law award for today!

View Image

For the YEAR!!!!

• Options
    OMG that is just....well, I don't even know what to say.  I imagine that "shocked" doesn't even begin to describe the surprise you feel!  At least DH sees reality with his mother..  Good luck!
  • Options
    imageAmber&Jesse:

What does DH say?  Has sshe always been like this?  Can you cut ties with her?

That really sucks, I'm sorry. 

My husband has a hard time wrapping his head around everything that she has done.  It is one crazy thing after abother. He does know that his mother needs professional help and medication.  This is not a new revelation.  That was part of the reason that we wanted to bring her to a professional mediator.  We thought that he might be able to intervien and convince her to make some private appointments, get on proper medication, and get everything back on track.  Truely, I have never seen her behave "normally" socially, so I have no idea what she would be like on medication. 

• Options
    Thats some messed up woman! I think DH needs to step in and put an end to this.
  • Options

WOW! oh my gosh I would be in total shock too at this point. It may get to the point where you guys may have to completely distance yourself from her and even if that means keeping baby away from her. She sounds like a total control freak and I know all woman are in some way or another , but oh WOW! Is your father in law this way too or just her? I would be talking to some other family members about the issues you have with her that way they know too.?

Hang in there! I hope everything works out and that you and baby stay safe and healthy! :)?

• Options
    Wow - can you say restraining order?  I'm so sorry for you.
  • Options
    afgafg member
    I don't even know what to say!!! I would definitely be keeping the baby away from her, she sounds crazy
  • Options

imageparsleyqueen:
    Holy cow.  I would definitely cut ties with her if you think it was her who called.  That is totally unacceptable.  If she is willing to do something like that, what ELSE would she be willing to do??

This

• Options

imageelectricdoctor83:
    You don't need people like that in your child's life anyway, too destructive.

This.  Sounds like she is looking to be cut off from her grandbaby.  Good for your DH for hiring a mediator, I think that's really important.  If she won't follow through with that, that's a good sign this 'relationship' will become even more destructive.

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Surprise She should have mental problems... Keep away from her
  • Options
    imagemonicalynn1979:

WOW!  That is crazy!  I didn't even think CPS took calls on unborn children.

Me either! This lady is out of her mind crazy... good luck!

• Options
    Wow, that is unbelievable!  I'd get a restraining order against her...

• Options

I dont understand how CPS would even be called for the health of an unborn child. Don't unborn children not have rights. . .?

Aside from this, I would be absolutely livid if I were you. I would not be held accountable for my actions.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    So sorry any of this happened to you.  It's sad, cause we are always raised to respect our elders...but in some cases, that's just not possible.  Hope everything gets worked out for the best.  *hug*
  • Options
    Indifferent
    Dear Bump: You suck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"