New Jersey Babies

Babymoon ideas

Hi mamas. We're new to this, so please excuse the lack of a elaborated profile.  We're looking for babymoon ideas!! Our 1st anniversary is August 23rd, not too many island options in August due to hurricane season :(  We'll be 19 weeks at that point, so I have no reservations about hopping a plane. I am told no transatlantic or transcontinental flights as they cruise at the highest altitude and can decrease oxygen to the babes.  We were thinking Disney, but I think they're effected by Hurricane season as well, no?  Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Best wishes to everyone.

Re: Babymoon ideas

• We used to live in Florida and your chances of getting hit by a hurricane in August are very slim, although it definitely can happen. Disney at that time of year is usually pretty good because families are typically done with vacations by then so the lines aren't too long. It will be extremely hot in Florida (could be 100 degrees+) that time of year, so try to keep that in mind.. and it typically rains in the afternoons for about an hour a day around that time of year as well. The good news if you are worried about hurricanes is that Orlando is about an hour inland, so the impact they would feel during a hurricane would be minimal, you'd just likely have to stay inside that day. Also keep in mind that because you are pregnant you won't be able to go on most of the rides.

My husband and I are thinking of going to Disney just a few weeks later for our babymoon as well. We love going there and it will never be the same for us again once the little one will be accompanying us! We're planning on finding a place with a great pool so we can spend a lot of time lounging and we plan on going to Epcot because there are a lot more things to do than just rides.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We decided to take the opportunity and go to Hawaii. My midwives said at 22 weeks (when we went) there was absolutely nothing stopping us from doing a long flight, and we broke it up (nj to seattle, next day seattle to maui). I just had to get up and walk around every 2 hours or so, and it really was the perfect babymoon. A great split of relaxatioin and fun stuff. Take the trip you wont be able to take once the baby comes!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • thank you everyone! we just got back from key west! loved it!!! sorry it took me long to reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"