Northern California Babies

Ugh... help!?!? Teething?? 4 month wakeful??

The last 2 nights have been rough. DH & I are back to feeling pretty clueless...

For the past 2 nights Maddy wakes up screaming about an hour after she goes to bed. She's obviously tired.. seems like she is in some kind of pain/discomfort (maybe just from being so tired) and is pretty inconsolable. She's very cuddly but not much works to help her stop crying. Doesn't seem to really want the bottle, or paci or even play. 

She's also started biting down on her bottle. Not just playing, but full on biting. She'll do this when she wakes up in these screaming fits.. gnaw on the nipple for a min or two but then starts screaming again.

We started solids 2 Fridays ago and this weekend when I fed her the oatmeal, she grabbed the spoon and started gnawing on the rubber spoon. 

I'm thinking teething.. but I don't feel any bumps or see white spots on her gums. Plus she doesn't really have any other symptoms, other than being a drool machine. 

Anyone have experience?? And if you think this might be teething.. any tips on what I should go buy so I'm prepared!! I have a sophie the giraffe that I need to break out.. but am clueless about anything else.  

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh... help!?!? Teething?? 4 month wakeful??

• How are her naps during the day? Is she eating normally otherwise?

Jake often wakes about an hour after he goes down but quickly goes back to sleep after he gets his binky.

Teething- it's hard to tell as babies can show "signs" for months before a tooth breaks through. Irritable, biting, drool- all signs. If she appears to be in discomfort you can always try Tylenol or Hylands Teething tablets. Otherwise, in this hot weather you can try the mesh bags and put ice cubes in them, freeze a wash cloth (wet a corner), buy the chill-able teething toys, let her chew on a wooden spoon...whatever makes her happy : )

• Hope tomorrow is a better story!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetitantsmama:

How are her naps during the day? Is she eating normally otherwise?

Naps- The last 2 days her naps have sucked.. well she's still napping but they have been short.

Eating- I've noticed a slight drop in how much Maddy eats at her feedings.. but nothing significant. We went through a feeding strike and this isn't anything like that.

• It can be so hard to tell. :( When Madison is in a teething spurt, her naps go in the crapper, also. It isn't just her night sleep that is affected. Not sure if that's how it is with most kiddos, though.

She's not too hot, is she? I wish I could be more helpful. We're having our own sleep regression over here.

• imageNorCalSuperwife:

he's not too hot, is she? I wish I could be more helpful. We're having our own sleep regression over here. 

Hmmm I didn't even think about the temp of her room.. or her. We have her in light footed jammies.. I'll remember to check this if it happens again. 

• The best advice I ever got to tell if it's teeth is to rub her gums really firmly when she's upset like that, if that calms her (and more than just for an instant because she may settle quickly because it's a new sensation but then start so if she stays calm) then it's probably her teeth. ?For example with Andrew I could do that to him and he'd calm down, so then I'd try to let him suck on my finger and then it was scream fest again, rub and he'd calm down, try to give him a bottle and screaming. ?At that age when he responded to the rubbing I'd use a bit of oragel and he responded really well to that.

?

Good luck.?

• Baby M, please go to sleep for mommy and daddy!!?

?

Break out the sophie I swear that's the best toy ever invented! Everyone gave you great advice ?hope you have a good night..

• : ( im sorry

We are having a similar sleep regression issues...

My expectations of Logan and sleep are very very low right now.

• :( i hope tonite is better.

We had a rough time around then too ... I also attributed it to teething. Or what about maybe give the solids a break for a day or two to see if its tummy related..?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"