Multiples

Exclusive formula feeders: When did milk come in?

Dare I say that mine never came in?  I'm 6 days post c-section... The only thing I can think of, is that it was an early/unexpected C/S and the babies are still in the NICU (so it's almost like my body doesnt realize it should be producing?)

It's not a big deal, since I intended to exclusively FF, but wondering if I'm alone here...

Re: Exclusive formula feeders: When did milk come in?

• Mine never came in either, despite some half-hearted, frustrating attempts at pumping & bfing early on.  I've heard conflicting things:  I've heard women say that  their milk came in uninduced, but then the nurses told me that mine would not come in unless I started bfing/pumping.  Maybe b/c my babies were born a little early (35w6d)?  Also, I had post-delivery complications & was SO swollen from the fluids/blood transfusions & was receiving IV antibiotics for 5 days after delivery, so my body was a mess.
  • I had a pretty similar experience to PP's, with the exception that my babies didn't come early.  The doctors and LC's thought that perhaps since I never went into labor on my own, couldn't dilate fully with pitocin, and had some other post-op complications, that might have contributed to the fact that I never produced more than a few ozs of bm a day.  I tried for 2 months to produce and it was the most frustrating experience.  We had to supplement with formula, we had no other choice.  Still makes me feel guilty, like my body failed them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You are lucky if it does not come in!  I decided to exclusively FF and mine came in about 4 days PP.  I was so uncomfortable (and hormonal!)  I wore 2 sports bras with an ice pack on each side.  It took about 4-5 days to suppress it and then I was back to normal.

Since you are FF I hope that it is something you can avoid but if it does come in, it won't last long.

Congrats on your babies!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"