3rd Trimester

Funny DH Story

A little background--DH is super hot natured and does not like to be touching anyone (me or the dogs) while he's sleeping because it makes him hot.  He's not anti-snuggling or anything, but once his eyes are closed he wants his space.  He is also a very heavy sleeper.  He's had conversations with me and never completely woken up.

So, last night about 2:30am I wake up with a hand in my face.  DH is feeling around for my head and finally rests his hand on top of my head and sleeps like that for over 30 mins.  Eventually, I had to get up for a bathroom run and he had rolled over when I got back.

Then, at 5 am, I wake up with him sleeping with his head on my stomach.  I was rolled over sleeping almost on my back, and he's using the baby as a pillow.  He stayed like that for close to an hour before his alarm went off and he got up.  He remembers waking up with his head on my belly, but doesn't remember any of the rest of it. 

I guess he just wanted to make sure we were ok, but it was totally hilarious.

Re: Funny DH Story

• thats too funny! DH is a really sound sleeper, and there have been a couple of times i have woken up and he has been scratching my stomach, when i ask him what he's doing he always answers the same thing "the baby is itchy" but he never wakes up! I ask him about it in the morning and he looks at me like I'm the crazy one lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate being touched in my sleep too. If I woke up to DH on my stomach I would have pulled his hair till he moved, lol

It is cute though

• Loading the player...
  • haha, that's cute.  i would have woken up as soon as DH put his head on my belly.  I can't stand anything touching my belly when I am in bed.
  • imageMarineWifey1106:
    thats too funny! DH is a really sound sleeper, and there have been a couple of times i have woken up and he has been scratching my stomach, when i ask him what he's doing he always answers the same thing "the baby is itchy" but he never wakes up! I ask him about it in the morning and he looks at me like I'm the crazy one lol

ROTFL!!

• sam19sam19 member
    I move around too much for H to touch me at night. He also likes his space when we sleep. We actually sleep under two different blankets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • imagesam19:
    I move around too much for H to touch me at night. He also likes his space when we sleep. We actually sleep under two different blankets.

We did this during first and some of second tri. I liked it because he couldnt steal my blanket lol

• imagesam19:

Yeah, we sleep with different blankets too.  And two of our 55 lb dogs sleep in between us.  You'd think we didn't like each other Wink

• sam19sam19 member
    imageMarineWifey1106:

imagesam19:

We did this during first and some of second tri. I liked it because he couldnt steal my blanket lol

We do it because I need a comforter to sleep at night, no matter how hot it is. I also need a sheet in between my legs when I sleep so there isn't enough sheet for the two of us if we share.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Awww.... that makes me miss my dog :( I had morning sickness so bad that my big dog (Dodge) was miserable because DH was at work and I was either hugging the commode or in bed trying to "sleep it off" lol He wasnt getting enough attention so we had to ask FIL to watch him for us for awhile.  They were supposed to bring him back up here with them when they came to visit but they never got to Crying.  We are supposed to go home after the baby is born and I cant wait to pick him back up (hopefully ILs will come visit and bring him back like they said they would).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"