Washington Babies

Could use some encouragement...

I'm battling tears (not for the first time today!) over leaving Max to go back to work tomorrow. I know he'll be fine, but it tears me up to have to leave him. Then add in that I want with all my heart to be a SAHM, but there's a strong possibility I'll be laid off....thus allowing me to stay at home, but at the price of some serious financial strain for us. Plus if I am able to find another job, it would probably be full-time and require a longer commute, and it will be hard enough to be away from Max for this part time close by job. Sigh. Anyway, any words of support are welcome! Thank you!
Photo by J. Shelton Photography
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog

Re: Could use some encouragement...

• I don't have any experience with this, but I wanted to give you a big hug! ?I'm sure it can't be easy!
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. I would have a hard time leaving that cute little guy too!  I hope that your situation will change and you can soon sah with him!  Try to stay positive, I'm sure he will be in good hands and it will be really good for you to get some adult time in too!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • KNemoKNemo member
    Keri, you're a fantastic mama and you are doing what is best for your family right now. Just know that you are doing this so that you can help to provide Max with all that he needs. And know that we are all her for support, 24-7! Hang in there! ((BIG HUGS))
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I'm soooo sorry! I havent been thru this, but just thinking of it makes me upset. Hopefully all will be well tomorrow and it will help you feel better! Is your daycare provider a family member? Or somewhere close where you could stop in on your lunch break to visit? 

If you do lose your job, you might still be able to make it work. DH and I are always paycheck to paycheck, but it is pretty easy to be frugal and budget so that things work out! Sending you lots of hugs!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KNemoKNemo member

imageKNemo:
    Keri, you're a fantastic mama and you are doing what is best for your family right now. Just know that you are doing this so that you can help to provide Max with all that he needs. And know that we are all her for support, 24-7! Hang in there! ((BIG HUGS))

here, not her! ----so-----tired! Stick out tongue

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I'm sorry!  Bring lots of pics to work with you, and don't feel bad about calling during the day to check in on him.  ((HUGS))  
  • Thanks ladies! Your kind words really help. I may be posting via my Blackberry tomorrow if I need some words of wisdom to make it through the day! DH took tomorrow and Thursday off and then Friday I have off for the holiday, so it does help a lot that he'll be with Daddy these first two days back.
  • I agree with PP. You are doing what's best for your family right now and Max. I am sure it's hard, I haven't gone through this myself yet but I know I will, but you can do it. And we are all here for you. Don't be ashamed to cry about it, it's a hard thing to do. But you are an amazing woman and Max is so lucky to have a Mom that loves and supports him. ::HUGS::

• Big Hugs! I totally feel your pain. I can reassure you that it does get better. I understand how you're feeling about wanting to be a SAHM but not being able to with the financial strain. You just keep plugging away, it's hard but you're not alone I promise.
  • ditto chibipoe...it gets better. I would love to be a SAHM but it just isn't a possibility. You take it day by day. Good luck tomorrow and stay strong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Big hugs mama, I'm glad you only have 2 days to be away from Max this week.  I hope your situation changes the way you want it to, I'll be thinking about you!  Good luck!

• It's going to be a roller coaster for sure, but I guess the best thing I can say is to feel everything you're feeling to the fullest, so when it's time to work, you aren't trying to bottle it up. Just keep telling yourself that you have a good set up, and you got these three months with him, and that part time is a good way to go for now. Heck, tell yourself that you get a big fat pint of icecream if you make it through the first day. Prep your guy for a cry fest when you get home, and then celebrate with your little guy when you see him because you're going to look like the greatest thing in the world to him when he sees you. I cried for the week leading up to working, but oddly not at work. I won't lie, I had to fight turning around and going to get my baby, but like my mom says...you do what you got to do.

Bring a CD with you of songs that pump you up, make you smile or get your confidence up. (When I need a boost, I listen to Aerosmith or KT Tunstall) and turn them up when you're in the car on your way to work. It's kind of a treat since loud music goes out the window (no pun intended) when you have a baby in the car.

And of course, post on here cause we're here for you!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Oh Keri! I'm so sorry. I hope they figure out your work situation soon. It must be so stressful. Isn't a family member watching Max? I'm sure he will do great!!
  • Don't have any advice, as I'm DYING to be a stay at home mom, but our financial situation won't allow for it right now either....just wanted to say your baby is SOOOOOOO CUTE!  OMG.  I wouldn't want to leave him either!  Adorable!
  • Thanks again everyone! I came on to re-read these words of support this morning and it's just what I needed. I'll let you know how the day goes!
  • I think every working mom goes through this. I remeber when home with Eli before going back to work I actually called other places looking to find a PT job so I could quit my job abd be home more!

I can tell you that it will be hard, but it does get easier.

Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Oh Keri I'm sorry!!!  I hope today goes by super quick and you're home with your little man in no time!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"