Georgia Babies

Can I complain for a moment?

Ugh ...I just need to vent.  This evening was the last of my "WTF" straw.

So I fell down the brick front porch stairs tonight.  I was trying to carry too much.  I took a misstep and planted down ...I landed on all fours so I didn't hit my belly but I twisted my ankle and my back hurts like a mother.  I called the Dr and he gave some signs to look out for but all seems well.

To top it off ...Ridge broke my nose.  It is slight, yet annoying and hurts.  And he keeps hitting it which sends me to the sink with blood running like a faucet.

And I can't hear well.  I have allergies and my nasal membranes are all swollen and it is clogging my ears.  I went to my general Dr and he said if I wasn't preggo he could fix it within 24 hours with steroids but he doesn't recommend a pregnant lady taking them.  So I'm half deaf until I have this little guy.

I'm a mess.  At this point it is comical.  But I'm thankful that these are all annoyances and nothing serious (I was on bed rest with Ridge).  Just annoying.

Okay ....gripe over.  But if you are looking for the beat up pregnant lady ...I'm here! 

Re: Can I complain for a moment?

• Ahhhhhhhhh, hang in there!  I am glad your baby is okay!  Your nose must hurt so bad!!!  Sorry :-(
  • Oh geez Danielle!! I am sorry you have had a rough few days. I am glad roo is safe and sound. I hope things start to calm down and that you feel better. There is nothing worse than having the dr tell you the only cure for what ails you is delivery, especially when it's still weeks away. Hang in there and feel better.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no. Big hugs. I am glad you can see the humor in it now. I think I'd be in tears. Glad you and baby are ok from the fall. Poor Mommy. It's dangerous out there. Be careful. :)
  • I have to say with all that, you have a very good disposition. ?I am so glad your belly didn't hit the bricks. ?Scary. ??

I hope your nose feels better and Ridge decides to stop playing with it!! ? Hang in there. ? Do you think a nice long warm shower would help clear up some of your pregnancy congestion? ? ?

• care99care99 member
    Ok, I will stop my complaining, you are in much worse shape than me!  Seriously though, I'm really glad that your fall was not worse and the baby is ok.  How scary!  I feel your pain on the congestion.  My OB ok'd occasional Afrin and even 1 squirt really helps.  Hope things calm down some and you can get some rest over the long weekend.
  • Sounds like you have plenty of reasons to complain!  I'm sorry you're having so many ailments right now, but glad you are able to look on the bright side and realize it could be worse.  I hope your nose heals quickly and your allergies get better.  Good luck!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Oh no! Glad the baby is ok. take care!
  • oh my goodness you've had it rough lately! I'm so glad the baby is OK and I hope you feel better and things are uneventful until you deliver!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• You are really going through a lot right now, but hopefully things will get better very soon!!  Glad you are okay from your fall.  Feel better soon!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!  I just feel like a dork, but all is well. :)  Just really sore this morning but that is to be expected.
  • OMG you poor thing! I'm glad you're kinda ok.... I'm not sure why they told you no to steroids. I've been on them once already, and being that miserable I think you deserve them....although they can slow healing of your nose, but at least you'd be able to breathe. You can also take short amounts of sudafed (the real kind) as long as your BP is ok...just not more than a couple days.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • with all that going on you can complain for more than a minute. I hope you feel better asap!
  • Oh my goodness Danielle!  Glad you're ok. Take it easy!  And Ridge, take it easy on mommy's nose!!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • KerrinKerrin member
    OMG!  You poor thing.  Take it easy mama, you've been thru the ringer lately.  Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Glad to hear you're okay, although a little beat up.

Just to make you feel better...I fell down the concrete stairs at work last week and busted up my knees pretty bad (still dark purple), this weekend I slid in my kitchen and jammed my foot with incredible force under my stove and fractured a bone in the top of my foot (extremely swollen and black and blue), and then yesterday I stumbled down my bottom two stairs at home although caught myself before falling...and I'm not even 34 weeks pg!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"