3rd Trimester
Options

36w Group B & Internal

Had my first internal today after my Group B swab. Will have results next week. Good news for ladies who are nervous for internals: Not painful @ all! I've had paps worse than that. JMO, though. LO is head down and his heartbeat is strong. Plus I am 1 cm dialated already. Though that doesn't mean anything, I'm excited!

Re: 36w Group B & Internal

• Options
    I agree with you. ?People on here had me scared to death of internals, but they really aren't that bad and I've had 4 so far. ?I was 1cm at 35 weeks and pretty excited...however I'm 1.5cm as of today which is much less exciting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Options
    i had the same thing today too. internal wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either! I'm 75% and fingertip dilated. A woman in our childbirth class who is a week ahead of me has no progress and she was jealous that I did (she asked me). I told her I bet she'd have a quick delivery and I'd be laboring for days!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gotta say, it depends on which Dr is doing the internal. I've had some that were hell and some that aren't painful at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRubyRed1085:
    Gotta say, it depends on which Dr is doing the internal. I've had some that were hell and some that aren't painful at all.

I can see how this is true. I wondered to myself if that is why my OB scheduled today's appointment with the nurse practitioner... Maybe she had received some "bad reviews" in that department? Stick out tongue But really, I hope it goes this smoothly next time!

• Options

imageandiwal:
    i had the same thing today too. internal wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either! I'm 75% and fingertip dilated. A woman in our childbirth class who is a week ahead of me has no progress and she was jealous that I did (she asked me). I told her I bet she'd have a quick delivery and I'd be laboring for days!

That's the way life would have it, huh? Well I hope not, in your case! Smile

• Options
    I am now 3 cms dialated. I have had quite a few internals I really think it depends if your cervix is still high and who does them. I am kind of nervous to see what I will be like at 36 weeks and who will do my internal. I have a history of having steady contractons after being checked :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"