2nd Trimester

OMFG! Are You Kidding me?

Re: OMFG! Are You Kidding me?

• OMG, I know, DH and I saw this earlier today. It's nuts. Really. What a nut job.
  • ablouablou member
    Just because Michael Jackson is dead doesn't mean the world has run out of crazy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That is seriously f'd up! It is like they are using their child as a social experiment. NOT COOL!
  • After thinking about it, I can understand the parents wanting to stay away from labeling their child.  But the poor kid needs to know which bathroom to use!
  • it has to take more work to hide your child's gender than to exploit it.  Just sayin...

• there was a short story I read in jr high where the kid was something nonspecific like pat and no one knew if it was a boy or girl.?

it was a weird story, obviously memorable. All I can think is poor kid, at 3-4 its going to be awkward, at 5-6 that kid is going to be the odd kid and by 10 I can't imagine. ?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm sure "Pop's" sex will become apparent if s/he sprouts boobs down the line or his/her voice changes
  • Maybe the parents should watch some old SNL Pat skits to see how society reacts to a person without a gender attached.
  • I think it would be hard not to tell...even when my boy is dressed in a "tu-tu" (thanks to big sis), he still looks all boy to me.  Same with my daughter...she is just too "pretty" to be a boy, even dressed as one.  I have seen some very "femine boys" and very "masculine girls", but usually you can tell.  They didn't show photos of the child, but I wonder if we could tell, just by looking. 

Beyond what the child looks like, shouldn't we be proud of our gender!?! 

• EMTXEMTX member
    Poor little Pop has no chance to be normal :(

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageablou:
    Just because Michael Jackson is dead doesn't mean the world has run out of crazy.

Yes

There's a reason why boys and girls are different besides just their genitals.

• I am glad they weren't my parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • True, it is extreme but the idea of not forcing your child in to a gender role is interesting to me (has been for years). 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • I think it is fascinating. On one hand, I think it is an interesting experiment. On the other hand (and this is the hand I more identify with), it seems very unfair to submit a child who is unable to consent to such a thing. I have a feeling that the negative social effects to the gender-neutral child could be more severe than the negative social effects produced by gender stereotypes.?
  • I'm wondering if the child is trans-gendered... and instead of the parents deciding if it's a boy or a girl, they are doing neither/both until they decide what they are? And not telling the world about the childs' condition? I've heard many trans-gender people have been given the wrong sex, and they get a sex change later in life. Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"