Alabama Babies

Brooke or Sarah

Okay I am trying to figure out clothes for McBaby's first couple of months.  I thought I'd ask ya'll what kind of stuff ya'll put AC and Avery into since they were both born in October as well.  I know that the weather can be unpredictable in Alabama that time of the year.  I know they pretty much do sleepers, onsies, and such at first, but what did ya'll do about when it did get chilly?  I'm just wanting to make sure to be prepared. 

Re: Brooke or Sarah

• loyo03loyo03 member

At first, I kept her in gowns, footed sleepers, etc....once it did get cooler, I just really layered...I kept her in socks, a onesie, and whatever outfit whether it was a one piece or 2 piece long sleeve w/ pants. I also always had a blanket and hat when we went out.

• Butting in...

Baby B will probably be here the first week in November.  I remember last November it was still hot, but then would get chilly (but maybe that's b/c we're on the coast), so we're planning on lots of gowns, t-shirts (long and short sleeve) and onesies -- and most importantly babylegs.  I figure if it's warm, we'll just do the t-shirt or onesie and socks -- if it's chilly, add babylegs.  And those fit newborns to toddlers, so they can be used year after year.

We've considered the same clothing challenges though.  :)

Butting out now...

• Loading the player...
  • the first few weeks, when it was still warm outside but not too warm, I had her in some cotton footless sleep & play outfits.  I loved them.  Avery was so tall that a lot of NB stuff was too short if it had feet in it (PS don't buy a ton of NB sized clothes - go straight for the 0-3 month stuff).  Or she was in cotton outfits - like the Carters stuff

When winter hit - she would sleep in cotton sleepers with a onesie underneath.  We never had to dress her super warm because day care was always warm inside and we kept our house pretty warm as well.  She would usually have a onesie on and long sleeved outfit.

As far as traveling in the carseat - she would be in whatever clothes she had on and a hat with a blanket over her (the car seat inspector guys told me that it's safer to dress them normally, buckle them in and then layer blankets over them for warmth versus the big suit things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"