Infertility

Did your RE recommend/discourage preseed?

I've seen a few posts lately about preseed.  We tried it on 2 of our Clomid cycles and it didn't help us.  I've heard great stories about it, but I've also heard some REs say it hasn't been tested and/or could block things up and hurt more than it helps.  I'm trying to decide if we should use it for round 6... your thoughts???

Re: Did your RE recommend/discourage preseed?

• Nothing is better then real EWCM but if you dont get any you really have to use something like this. I asked my RE about it and he didnt have much of a comment, just said that it was fine to use.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bmp84bmp84 member
    I don't have a problem creating a lot of lube on my own, so my doc just suggested that I take mucinex to make the CM I do have less hostile. Any other time we've used lube, it's too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my RE felt it could not hurt
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I may be in the minority here, but my RE discouraged use of Pre-seed saying that it can affect the sperm. He said that if we had to use something(which we do) to use mineral oil. They process sperm through it in their lab. It can be found in the laxative section of any drug store.
  • Our RE said the only lube with any scientific studies published is astroglide. He said despite the hype, there's no evidence backing up preseed.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My RE discouraged it unless I was completely dry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"