Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

fever a week after MMR & chicken pox vac

My DD had the MMR & chicken pox vaccine last week and the doctor said that it is common to have a fever a week later.  My DD has a fever today that has gotten up to 101.2 (that is with tylenol).  Did your DC get a fever a week later and if so how long did it last?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: fever a week after MMR & chicken pox vac

• akayfakayf member

i posted the same thing last night and only got 1 response....here's the link

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/18293108.aspx

it turns out my little guy has an ear infection so his fever is more likely from that than the shots

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much for the respone.  I am sorry your DS has an ear infection, those are no fun at all :(
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ds didnt get the rash with mmr but my friends lo did and it was followed by a rash.  they dr. isnt sure if it was an mmr reaction or roseola because the two are so similar. 

ds got his chicken pox vaccine today and the nurse mentioned that a fever was possible up to three weeks after.  she said a rash was also possible due to the fact that its a live vaccine.

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"