Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Provera and temps

Since Provera is a type of progesterone, it should elevate temps, correct?  When have you noticed seeing the effects? My temps rose after 2 days of Provera, but I assumed that was the Provera's fault, so I gave them a "disturbance." My last Provera was on Sunday night, but my temp was still elevated this morning. Wouldn't the effect of the Provera have worn off by now? 

Do you think I O'd or not? It doesn't really matter since DH was out of town for a week before what the software calculated my O and got back the day after, so my pregnancy chances would be slim to none anyway. I'm just curious if my body did manage to O on its own. Thanks for any input.
Hilary
imageimage
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Provera and temps

• Options

Provera is a synthetic form of progesterone. ?Progesterone is the hormone your body produces after you ovulate, which makes your temperature rise. ?Therefore, Provera can cause your temperatures to rise as ovulation would.

*edit: To answer your other question, the Provera would not have "worn off". ?The decrease in progesterone/provera is what brings on AF. ?So when your temps go down, AF would arrive. ?

• Options
    Thanks for your help!  I figured the O my software gave me was too good to be true. 
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to take Provera for 3 cycles, unfortunately it didn't change my temps at all.  But it worked because it brought on AF. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"