Working Moms

Nanny Share

Has anyone ever done this?  We have a nanny in mind and another little girl who already gets along with our dd.  The nanny share would be at our house, but I didn't know what I should expect.  We have on our list to discuss with the other family: liability, hours, pay, sick time, vacation time, toys, food, supplies, crafts, our pets, sleeping arrangements, and expectations.  Is there anything that I missed? 

I am so nervous about this but also so excited.  The nanny is fantastic but we can't afford her for one child.  With two children we are hoping that we can meet her pay expectations and still have dd interact with someone else her own age.

If anyone has any expirence with nanny share, I would love to hear it.  TIA!

Re: Nanny Share

• We nanny share; I take my DD to a coworker's house. She has a DD 5 months older than mine and nanny has a DD 3 months younger than mine. We all love the situation.

I take all supplies for DD: breakfast, lunch, snacks, milk, diapers, wipes, etc. I love that I can drop her off in jammies too, really saves time in the morning!

Coworker has enough toys and also provided a PNP for my DD to sleep in, her DD had the crib and nanny also brought a PNP for her own DD. If need ever arose, we shared food...one of us runs out of milk, all the girls want to eat the same thing, etc. Coworker also pays a little more for nanny to do light housework once a week.

HTH!

• imagejays_bride:

We nanny share; I take my DD to a coworker's house. She has a DD 5 months older than mine and nanny has a DD 3 months younger than mine. We all love the situation.

I take all supplies for DD: breakfast, lunch, snacks, milk, diapers, wipes, etc. I love that I can drop her off in jammies too, really saves time in the morning!

Coworker has enough toys and also provided a PNP for my DD to sleep in, her DD had the crib and nanny also brought a PNP for her own DD. If need ever arose, we shared food...one of us runs out of milk, all the girls want to eat the same thing, etc. Coworker also pays a little more for nanny to do light housework once a week.

HTH!

To follow on this - w/ the share I'm presently in, we keep a stash of diapers at one anothers homes so that we don't always have to transport diapers.  And wipes - whatever house the share is at, the nanny uses the wipes at that house. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Your list sounds good... I did a blog post on the logistics for our nanny share here: https://worklifeunbalanced.blogspot.com/2008/08/nanny-share-logistics.html

As for the overall nanny share experience, here's a post I did on the pros/cons: https://worklifeunbalanced.blogspot.com/2008/08/nanny-share-pros-and-cons.html

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"