1st Trimester

Heard Heartbeat & Got Blood Drawn from 4 places!

The great thing about my first appointment today was that we got to hear the heartbeat!  It is amazing to hear that sound & know that there actually IS a baby in there!  Big Smile

The bad thing was when I went to have my blood drawn it didn't work out so well.  They ended up trying both of my arms & both of my hands.  I got stuck about 6 times and my hand is bruised because the guy kept digging around.  A lady went in and came out right before me & DH said "See it won't take very long".... then I went in and didn't come out for 45 minutes.  They are "hoping" they got enough... ugh.  Tongue Tied

Re: Heard Heartbeat & Got Blood Drawn from 4 places!

• Yay for hearing the heartbeat!!! Isn't it amazing?! I'm sorry that the blood draw was so hard. :o(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got blood drawn today as well... they got it all from one spot... but then I got light headed, instantly drenched in sweat... and vomitted up the entire bottle of powerade I had just finished.  They made me lie down for 30 min before allowing me to leave!

8 viles... fun fun

• Loading the player...
  • imageJodiLinn503:
    Yay for hearing the heartbeat!!! Isn't it amazing?! I'm sorry that the blood draw was so hard. :o(

It was amazing!  I was hopeful that all was okay, but at the same time I was nervous because I had not yet seen the baby/heard a heartbeat.  I didn't get to listen for very long, but I think I could listen all day.  Now I really want a doppler!!  Big Smile

• imagemadeleines_mommy:

I got blood drawn today as well... they got it all from one spot... but then I got light headed, instantly drenched in sweat... and vomitted up the entire bottle of powerade I had just finished.  They made me lie down for 30 min before allowing me to leave!

8 viles... fun fun

You had a rough day with the blood draw!  I am having more drawn next time at 16 weeks.  I am hopeful that things will not be so bad the next time around!

• They had to try both my arms to get a good vein! They had to use a heating bad to increase my circulation to get a good flow. I ended up throwing up mid-draw, so they had to give me OJ, then moved me to a reclining chair and had to go back to the other arm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"