Parenting after a Loss
Options

Update on new pedi and ringworm

It's probably not ringworm and I think I liked the new pedi! He thinks that it could be a form of eczema, but probably not since he's never had a spot before and since it doesn't run in my family. He said if it forms into a more clear ring, then I can treat it with OTC Lotrimine.

He took some time to get to know us and my mom was an assistant in his child's class. She said he was a very nice person. He also introduced himself as C, not Dr. L, which I thought was pretty cool. We chatted about the lack of jobs in the teaching field and some other stuff. I think I am going to like him. Im glad he's the only Dr in the practice, I feel like that makes it more personal.

Re: Update on new pedi and ringworm

• Options
    I'm glad you liked your new pedi :)
  • Options
    That's great!  It's always nice to have a Dr that you are comfortable with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you liked the new pedi!  FWIW, I have had both ringworm and eczema and they look very similar.  The only difference I could see was that the ringworm had a definite center that looked like normal skin and my eczema spots are usually red throughout the circle.  I have made the mistake of using lotrimin on an eczema spot once and boy, did it get angry right away!  My nephew had eczema when he was younger and they used aquafor on it.  I have a prescription that kids cannot use.
  • Options
    That's great! One more thing checked off the list!
  • Options

imagelilyvalley:
    Glad you liked the new pedi!  FWIW, I have had both ringworm and eczema and they look very similar.  The only difference I could see was that the ringworm had a definite center that looked like normal skin and my eczema spots are usually red throughout the circle.  I have made the mistake of using lotrimin on an eczema spot once and boy, did it get angry right away!  My nephew had eczema when he was younger and they used aquafor on it.  I have a prescription that kids cannot use.

Thanks!! We are waiting to see if a true center shows itself.

Does anyone know if eczema goes away?

• Options
    My spots go away but then I get other spots in other places.  Usually in the winter, though.  It is autoimmune so I think you have outbreaks but does not really go away.  I could be wrong about that though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"