1st Trimester
Options

Help! 4th of July... what to do about not drinking

Hi Everyone -

I'd love some advice. I'm only about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and we're heading to the cabin for the 4th. It's normally a big party with lots of drinks.. I'm afraid my mother in law will notice something... Help! We're not ready to tell people yet - any ideas on how I can hide this??

?

?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! 4th of July... what to do about not drinking

• Options
    Can you say you're the designated driver?  Or can you make a fake looking mixed drink by only adding the soda or dump out the beer and fill the can with water?
  • Options

Are you a beer drinker? ?Get a can, go to the bathroom, dump it, and fill it with water. ?Good luck! ?I'm worried about the same thing on the 4th, those who know me know I wouldn't pass up a drink at the lake on the 4th unless I'm pregnant...but I plan to do the beer can filled with water thing. ??

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Use the "I'm on an antibiotic" excuse
  • Options
    We had to go to a big college graduation party with all of my friends the day I got a bfp and we were NOT telling.  I would hold a drink and DH would get the same drink and when no one was watching we would switch them out so that eventually he ended up drinking both of them.  No one noticed and we actually had fun feeling all super sneaky!  Everyone was into the party and as long as you keep something in your hand it should work.  Good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

we are having a huge party on the 11th with 70 of our friends.  im buying o'douls, and putting it in a mug, and hiding the bottles in my bedroom trash can.  i am flip cup and beer pong champion, and i dont know how everyone is going to not notice me not playing at my own party! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kellmokellmo member

Say you are on antibiotics for some sort of infection. Your not supposed to drink alcohol when on them. That's what I told people!!

Or you can say that you have diarrhea. Who wants to drink when you can't stop pooping. lol. That will also explain why you are going to the bathroom so much due to your bladder.

• Options
    Designated driver, or say you drank too much the night before and don't think you can stomach it. GL!?
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Options

imageleslielou22:
    Use the "I'm on an antibiotic" excuse

or the "I drank way too much last night" excuse!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you usually drink a mixed drink...just drink the mixer, not the alcohol.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sprite or sparkling water with lime looks a lot like a vodka/tonic.  That's how I got past my friends for the first few weeks

• Options

ginger ale in a cup looks like beer

seltzer in a cup with a lime looks like a gin and tonic!

good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker BFP #1 6/15/09: Blighted Ovum discovered 7/14/09, D&C 7/16/09 8w3d BFP #2 12/4/09: u/s 12/29/09 hb 164 bpm! 01/15/10 heard heartbeat 150's! DD born 8/10/10 7lbs 13 oz 19" BFP #3 7/6/12: u/s 7/24/12 hb 122 bpm!
  • Options
    Great Ideas! I am having friends come in town this weekend, (all big drinkers.) We are going to our downtown area to watch fireworks which is about 45 minutes away. I plan on having a couple of "fake drinks" and using the Designated Driver excuse!
  • Options
    Have some juice and tell everyone there's vodka in it, lol they won't know the difference! They'll be getting drunk around you and won't even think about it!
  • Options

I just got through a party with no questions by telling people that I was on antibiotics because of a cold I was getting over.  It worked no one asked me any questions

Good luck!

• Options

Good lord...can't people just not drink without everyone around them getting in a tizzy? I seriously don't get all these posts from people being concerned on how to handle not drinking.   I drank pre-pregnancy, and I was around friends before we told and just had non-alcoholic drinks and no one questioned it.

I really doubt people are going to be noticing every single drink you have. Just stick to water/lemonade/tea whatever and enjoy the party.

• Options
    Thanks for the ideas!  I was worried about this too. 
  • Options
    say you're starting a body cleanse to get rid of toxins. ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"