Two Under 2
Options

room sharing

we live in a 2br townhouse - and moving just isn't an option right now.

I know that the first few months DC#2 will be in our room in a bassinett - but once they both are in the same room I"m worried that the frequent wake ups of a baby may bother DS who STTN. 

Anyone have experience with this?

And...if DC#2 is a girl, how long would you say its acceptable for them to share a bedroom?

ETA: I just realized not too far down is a similar post - sorry. I do have a second question though! haha

Re: room sharing

• Options
    LOL i was gonna say that i'm waiting for an answer on this as well!
  • Options

#2 stayed with us for about 10-12 weeks.  We moved her into the crib when she was capable of sleeping 6-8 hours.  I put both kids to bed at 7pm.  If/when #2 wakes up, #1 sleeps through it.  When #1 wakes up, she wakes #2 up.  #1 wants everyone to be up when she's up...she runs over and says "Good morning Abbie".  If it wasn't so cute, i might be mad!  Naps are not an issue either.  They both sleep at the same time in the afternoon, but #2 wakes up first.  I go get her and #2 sleep until she is ready to get up.  It works just fine for us and I'm sure it will be fine for you also.

I have two girls so i can't answer part tow, but my friend has a 2 bedroom house and her kids are 6 (girl), 4 (boy), and 2 (girl).  they all share the master bedroom.  my friend realizes that they will have to do something soon, but it works for them now.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In answer to your second question. My friend has a 6 yr boy, 4 yr and 2 yr old girls, and a 7 mo. boy. Right now the baby has his own room and the other three share. They are thinking that within a year or so they are going to move the 6 yr old out of the girls' room. (They have an 18 year old foster daughter, who will be moving out).  I think it is probably acceptable for brothers and sisters to share a room until about 6 or 7, maybe 8.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• Options
    Both of mine are two (slightly) over two but...mine (B & G) have shared a room since DS was 7 months. ?It really hasn't been bad, DD will get her own room (no more guest room) when this baby arrives?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"