TTC after 35
Options

When AF shows her ugly head what do you do?

Re: When AF shows her ugly head what do you do?

• Options
    The last 2 months I knew she was coming because I started cramping and spotting. I spent a day feeling sorry for myself, a day crippled by cramps and a headache, and the next day...I drink. And usually, the day after that too. Then I'm good.
  • Options
    Cry. Seriously, I have cried so much since TTC and I am not normally a crier at all. It sucks!  Then, I treat myself to a mani/pedi, or a facial, or a new outfit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eat chocolate!!  Drink chocolate soymilk!
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

I go through a series of stages which I have listed below: 

Stage 1.   Denial    

Stage 2. I become totally irritated. 

Stage 3. Wallow in my own self misery.

• Options

When TTC #1 I used to cry my eyes out and eat crap.  No wonder I started that pg so heavy.

With TTC #2 I just say okay and start my new FF chart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    mani and pedi for me...then I have a glass of wine when I get home (Sometimes two or three.)
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    definitley drink!
  • Options
    Bottoms up!
  • Options
    Booze. Like the rest of you boozers :)
  • Options

Some months I get really upset and feel sorry for myself and think 'this will never happen'

Other months I either think 'eh whatever' or 'it'll happen again...it has to happen again....why would it not happen again'

Then there have been the occasional screams of 'F*K YOU AF' and flip some imaginary witch off.  

• Options
    imageBirdieBrd:

Then there have been the occasional screams of 'F*K YOU AF' and flip some imaginary witch off.  

LOL!

• Options
    Drink. Booze. And Coffee.
  • Options
    QE2QE2 member
    Cry, go for massage-mani/pedi, drink lots of wine, take a hot bubble bath, eat ahi tuna, eat chocolate, then cry some more.
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Drink, sushi, drink, double expresso, drink...oh, and drink.
  • Options

I feel a bit sad.

And then I have a large DD iced coffee or some other caffeine-laden loveliness.

• Options
    imageBirdieBrd:

Some months I get really upset and feel sorry for myself and think 'this will never happen'

Other months I either think 'eh whatever'

That's exactly what I do!  I start feeling like it will never happen so I should just move on.

TTC #1, Cycle 22 - Jan 2009 IUI , Femara & Follistim: 7/21/09: BFN Multiple rounds of Clomid June 2012: Decided to move on to IVF after 3 more rounds of Clomid Sept 2012: Got a call from a friend asking us to adopt her baby
  • Options
    I'm probably in denial....  Getting AF doesn't upset me that much.... I just feel like I will get pregnant one of these months.  I get sad sometimes during AF, but I'm pretty sure it is hormones.  I may have a couple of drinks too & chocolate
  • Options

I turned to my new friend Martini Drinks

The past couple months haven't been as hard on me as they had been, not sure if it's denial, not letting myself be upset, or just being positive that it WILL happen eventually-who knows.

I normally know that the witch is showing up by the cramps and by the time she comes knocking, I'm not surprised.

• Options
    OscarQOscarQ member
    Mutter Fvck.  Let DH know we're starting over again.  Drink.
  • Options
    Bottoms up!!!!
  • Options

imageMDBeachbride:
    I usually drink. 

This

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I cry and then my husband tells me that I can't cry about it every month because this is supposed to be fun and I tell him that it is a cruel twist of nature that disappointing news like not being pregnant comes when I am a moody PMSing mess.

And then I drink.  

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Did someone mention drink??  Make mine a vodka tonic, please.

I can usually tell a day or two before her arrival that she's on her way.  I ususally get really wacky around 10-12 dpo...I feel like I'm losing my mind with the constant ups and downs...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"