Northern California Babies
Options

So moms cant/shouldnt be sexy?

Re: So moms cant/shouldnt be sexy?

• Options

Yeah, I am having a hard time with this one.

I dress very conservatively, and have for a very long time, I don't like my boobs hanging out etc etc...but swim suits are the one arena in which I do guess I am "sexy" because of how sexual I must look by having large breasts.  But I tuck them in and get the tops designed for bigger busts and try to be as tasteful as I can...but am a little concerned to hear that once MM is here that maybe I am supposed to maybe never wear a swimsuit again that might show a little to much boob...which is kind of going to be hard because even in racing suits there is no hiding the girls.

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I could care less what a mom wears to swim lessons. maybe thats just me. I think moms can be totally sexy...

If I saw a mom rock a bikini at swim lessons i would be jealous that I didn't have the body to do that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, if not then I shouldn't be a mom!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think it's a time and place kind of thing. Preschool may not be the place to wear a skintight sexed up outfit. Swim lessons for toddlers may not be the appropriate place to wear a thong. And that's not even just the mom thing, even if someone is a caregiver or aunt or something, it's really just not the appropriate place. Much like it's inappropriate to wear certain things to work.

I was just saying with that swimsuit top that there is a lot of boob showing...I have a similar cut tankini and a lot of boob shows. Like a lot. Like I have pictures that I wouldn't post of me holding Sabrina in it because people would probably be all - whoa, didn't need to see most of Katie's boob! And I think that would apply on this board as well as the newleywed board. Mom or not, too much boob. 

:)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I commented on Julie's post that I wouldn't wear a bikini to swim lessons.  I personally dress for the "occasion."  Play date w/ moms & kids = cute shirt and jeans.  Date w/ DH = sexy dress/top.  Same for me and swim suits.  Afternoon at the community pool with kids = tankini.  Beach in Mexico with DH = bikini!!!  (Well... not that I will EVER wear a bikini again after I just tired mine on last night and saw my BEAUTIFUL stretch marks exposed.  YIKES!).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think that it depends on your body type in terms of whether a specific bathing suit would be too sexy. For example, that bikini that was posted... I'm pretty aerodynamic when it comes to the boob department so that suit would not be an issue with me because it would cover everything. However, with someone with more blessing upstairs, it might become inappropriate because it can cover less.

Moms should be tastefully sexy. Cute but not hookerish. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsJulieT:
    I don't know. I'm thinking there is a time and place for everything. Which is why I posted in the first place.

When you post something on the board you open yourself up to other peoples opinions, good or bad. If you wanted to wear the bathing suit before you posted I think you still should. Don?t let other people change the way you originally felt.

• Options

i think its too much judging personally.

I say if you are a Mom or not a Mom then rock it !! Obviously in a tasteful manner. Yeah if you wear a thong to swim lessons that may be bad [;)

As fas as cleavage let me tell you I work with around 6 girls that all have boobage and they show it ( all mom's ), and they look hot and stylish !

I think its overboard to say " don't wear a 2 piece to swim practice ", its like saying " Mom's cant wear skirts above their knee at their kid's sports game ". A little much IMO Wink

• Options

I have always only worn bikinis as a mom. I dont worry about any thing other than how comfortable I am in it. I have no qualms about showing cleavage at the pool.?

I wish we were as?comfortable?as Europe is with it - it would take some of the drama out of it. They read their newspaper with a topless pic in it & no one thinks twice about it.?

• Options
    imagelinnychanel:

imageMrsJulieT:
    I don't know. I'm thinking there is a time and place for everything. Which is why I posted in the first place.

When you post something on the board you open yourself up to other peoples opinions, good or bad. If you wanted to wear the bathing suit before you posted I think you still should. Don?t let other people change the way you originally felt.

I do agree with this one, if you post something like this on the board you are obviously putting yourself out in the open for people to agree or disagree.

I personally think if you are asking on the board if its appropriate or not, then most likely you aren't comfortable with it if you have to ask ? Kwim ?

• Options

For me, being sexy isn't the issue. I  didn't respond in the OP because honestly, my boobs would be all over the place. I have enough problem just wearing a regular shirt without having the cleavage on display.   That being said --- if I COULD be sexy, I'd love to be!  HA!   Just not happening with this old and flabby bod.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I didn't respond the first time.  But I personally don't have an issue with sexy moms!  If you got it flaunt it Momma!  Oh and you totally got it Julie!  I think the issue for me would be more that my boob would explode from a top like that or one of my boys would release it to freedom!  That would be my hesitation with the low cut part. 
  • Options

I would personally save sexy for the beach and go more conservative for a swim lesson. But then, I find it hard *not* to be sexy allllll the time.

I don't think I would judge anyone else for wearing a bikini to a swim lesson though. Unless maybe you also showed up in F-me pumps, your hair did and a full make up face.

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    CelynCelyn member
    I had a mom in a swim class who wore a suit very similar to the first one, only in black.  I didn't think anything of it.  I just figured it was the suit she had.  Had I known she bought that suit specifically for a kids' swim class though, I might have wondered who she was trying to impress -- but that would have been the voice of the jealous, flabby, 40-year old in my head.
  • Options

Moms can (and should!) be sexy, but there's reality as well... there are swimsuits designed for lounging by the pool drinking cocktails with umbrellas in them, and there are suits designed for chasing a 2 year old around the pool on a 96 degree day. Two different activity levels, two different definitions of appropriate.

Using Julie as an example, if I were her, the first top she posted is cute and appropriate for a mom to wear, but I'd be worried about the girls popping out moreso than in the 2nd top she posted, if that makes sense.

Nakey boob shows are NEVER appropriate at toddler swim lessons, no matter how sexy the mom! ;-)

• Options
    Personally I feel tha no a mom should not be dressing sexy at a place or function that revolves around their kid. Just like I dont think a single woman should vamp it up for dinner with her grandparents..
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    EmmieBEmmieB member

there's sexy and then there's skanky.

A well-cut, well-fitted suit = sexy. Because a sexy woman is someone who is comfortable in her skin and who wears clothes/items that are flattering to her.

A suit where you have to worry more about your boobs/cootch/butt being exposed thank you do about the life happening around you...skanky.

No one should be skanky. Especially not moms. It's just a bad example.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"