Georgia Babies

ambulance, er and nicu = rough 24 hours

so yesterday Riley fell off of our bed and onto our hardwood floors, I had the ambulance come rightt away, they thought he was fine but I went wih my instinct and took him to eggleston where they did a CT scan and found a fracture in his skull and bleeding.  stayed over night for observation and more testing and we got to come home this afternoon after they verified there had been no changes.  a really sucky and scary time.  please make sure yourr babies are secure  wherever you put them down.  please also keep us in your prayers that evverything heels ok.

Re: ambulance, er and nicu = rough 24 hours

• OMG. Heather!! How scary for you guys! I am so glad Riley is okay...I am sending you lots of prayers. *hugs*
  • You are in my prayers heather! I'm so sorry :( how scary!
  • Loading the player...
  • omg heather!  That is so scary!  You guys are in my prayers!

• OMG, prayers for yall.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kepkep member

OH NO! Sooooo scary! I know that feeling--Kate rolled off of our loveseat at six months. She fortunately landed on the area rug and not the hardwood, but I was beside myself. I think I was crying harder than she was. Took her to to the pedi right away, and she was fine. Thank God.

I am soooo sorry this happened, and I hope everything heals quickly. You were so wise to go ahead and get Riley checked out. Praying for you all! ((HUGS))

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • OMG Heather I am so sorry that happened! I am so glad that Riley is OK. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. So scary!
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Prayers said, I'm glad that you stuck to your guns and had them take you to the hospital.
  • OMG!  How scary.  I'm so glad that Riley is ok.  Prayers are being sent your way!!!
  • How scary!  Sending prayers to Riley.  I hope that he heals quickly and completely and that this is just one of those stories you tell your children when they get older and they laugh...
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • omg Heather, I'm so sorry!  So so scary.  I hope he recovers quickly.  Prayers to you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Reading this made my heart jump in my throat for you. I am so sorry! I will have you all in my thoughts and will pray that Riley heals quickly.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• HOLY CRAP!!!!  My worst nightmare: HC gets hurt AND somebody who's supposed to know better tries to tell me she's fine.  WOW.  Glad you took him in anyways; nothing like that instinct, huh?  Sheesh....poor guy!  Hope he's feeling better now--you did good, Mom!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my God, I am so sorry you went through that. ? Thank God Riley is ok. ? ?Prayers for a full speedy recovery for him. ? ? ?
  • maykatmaykat member
    I'm so soo glad he's ok.  We've been so worried ever since I got your text..we are praying that he heals just fine!!!
  • geez that is so scary!!!! glad he is ok, hoping for speedy recovery.
  • Lots of prayers for you! Keep us posted.
  • How scary!!!!  I will be in prayer for little Riley.

• That is so scary! Good thing you listen to your instinct and took him in. I hope he recovers quickly and you guys get some rest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • care99care99 member
    Heather!  OMG, how scary for you!  I'm so sorry this happened-thank god for mommy's instinct.  Thoughts and prayers are with you guys-let me know if you need anything, I'm glad to come over and help or run some errands for you.
  • Oh honey...I'm so glad he's ok. I can imagine the panic you felt because something similar happened to us when Sean was 3 months old. Now he's strong and kickin it at 17 months :)
  • myrallmyrall member
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. I swear my heart jumped into my throat when I read your subject line. Hoping for the best for you and your love!
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So glad he is ok--how scary for both of you!  Good for you for going with your gut and having him checked out.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh my God Heather - I am so sorry!  Good for you for sticking to your instincts!  I will be praying for Riley and I hope he has a speedy recovery.  ((Hugs))
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • OMG!!!  I'm glad Riley is better.  He'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How scary! You guys are in our prayers. Keep us updated and big mommy hugs. 
  • K&P414K&P414 member

imagecaliforniafrog7905:
    HOLY CRAP!!!!  My worst nightmare: HC gets hurt AND somebody who's supposed to know better tries to tell me she's fine. 

Ditto!  I am so glad that you listened to your gut and took him in to be checked out.  I hope Riley feels better soon and everything heals quickly.

• Oh my!  That is really scary!  I'm glad they said he is doing okay but I will keep him in my prayers.  Please post an update.
  • You poor thing, I am so sorry! My prayers and thoughts are with you and Riley, I hope everything is OK and he has a speedy recovery.  This must have been so stressful and scary for you all. 
  • OMG, I'm so sorry that happened!  And GO YOU for taking him anyway, what a strong mama you are.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • This is scary. Glad he is okay.
  • That is so scary, Heather.  I am praying for you guys.
  • I am so sorry. I hope this little guy is ok and makes a speedy recovery.
  • Way to trust your mommy instinct...kids bounce back wonderfully, though, so I'm sure he will be ok! I'll keep you all in my thoughts!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Oh my gosh.  How scary!  Will definitely keep you in my prayers!
  • I can't imagine how scary that must have been. So glad to hear that he's ok.  Good for you for following your instinct.  I hope you're able to rest and relax today after all of the stress.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oh my god, good for you for taking him to the hospital regardless!  Praying for him.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• So scary! Good for you for sticking with your gut! Go mommy!  Hope everything will be ok and Riley will have a quick recovery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Omg, how scary!  I'm glad Riley is doing okay, sending prayers and hugs.
  • KerrinKerrin member
    HEATHER!!!!!  So scary.  Hope Riley is on the mend soon.
  • Wow, this is scary.  Thank goodness you trusted your instinct.  Hope Riley gets to feeling better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"