Pregnant after a Loss

It was really hard to face the ob office today...

It's only been since 2/25 that we lost our baby at 18wks pg., so walking back into the office today was super hard... My hubby went w/ me even though he worked 3rd shift last night! When we got there, at 10:30 we had to wait an hour to be seen!!! All the while watching pg. women who were around the term I would have been be taken back before me... Come to find out the issue was a computer one... Apparently some moron never closed out my last pg. in the computer, so according to the computer I was still due to deliver a baby on 7/28 (next month) ugh!!! They had to get a computer tech to call and take care of it so they could start me a new file.

Then, I just started crying when the nurse I knew through the whole other ordeal called me back to take my blood work. ugh! She hugged me and teared up telling me things would be different this time. They confirmed that my dd would be 2/25/10 exactly one year to the day that we lost Alex.

It was 2 hours before we got out of there! My poor hubby was exhausted.

Other than all this drama.... They said everything looks good which made the visit worth the wait I suppose ;)

Re: It was really hard to face the ob office today...

• I'm sorry you had to deal with all that stress.  I'm glad the appointment went well in the end though!
  • i felt a similar horror walking into OB office a few weeks ago.  I'm gladyou appointment went well in the end. Big hugs to you today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When I lost my twins last year (they were due July 31, 2008) at 18.5 weeks, I refused to see my old OB. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I somewhat blame her for what happened (I had an appt. with her the same day that I lost my boys, and she didn't catch anything wrong). Also, the fact that they were always busy, I always had to wait an hour before I saw her, and I felt like patients were placed on an assembly line. 

I love my new OB, he is well-informed, caring, and I never have to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment.  Don't be afraid to switch, I did, and it did wonders for my emotional health.

• I remember how hard it was to go back.  I am so sorry.  I am glad you had a good appointment!
  • aw thanks girls... I knew you'd understand!
  • That sucks.  I am due 12/15 and hoping that if all is well we can go a little early on 12/1, the day we lost Teaghan.  I think somehow it would be a little poetic and make things less painful.
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry you had an awful experience. I totally understand the feeling of going back to the dr again after a loss. It's really emotional, you'er sad for the baby you lost and happy about the baby you are going to have. The whole date thing really resonates with me as well. I am actually having this one just a few days before the one year anniversary of my daughter's death. This board has really been great for me, everyone has been very supportive. I hope tomorrow brings a better day for you.

I wish you happy & healthy 9 months!! I'm happy to hear that your baby is doing well!

• Oh, gosh- I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that :( That's kind of amazing, though, that your EDD is exactly one year after your loss. Weird how things happen like that. At least everything looks good! Best wishes for continued healthy pregnancy :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"