Infertility
Options

IVF #1 - BFFN

Had the beta today - BFN.  Even though I was expecting it, I am crushed.  It is such a huge disappointment.  I don't know how to get through this.   I stopped on the way home and bought a bottle of red wine - might as well get drunk. 

Re: IVF #1 - BFFN

• Options
    Ugh- so sorry! Hope you guys will be able to do another cycle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

awww, am sorry for your bad news today.  That sucks.  I hope the red wine is good though.  Take care of each other.

Meg

Me = 36 with PCOS and 1 tube removed for a cyst and adhesions
    DH = 35 with low morphology

April '09 IVF (antagonist protocol) = 5R5M, none fertilized, cancelled at ET
    May/June '09 IVF/ICSI = 6R6M6F, 2ET on 6.18.09, 1 frostie, Beta on
    6.30.09 = 51 OMG!! Beta #2 = 167 Beta #3 = 2630!!!!! An uneventful pregnancy. 
    3.16.10 a healthy beautiful miracle boy born via unscheduled c-section

Now on the quest for another, so our dear son is not alone.

May/June '12 IVF/ICSI (antagonist protocol) =10R9M9F, 1ET = BFN, 2 frosties
    Aug '12 FET, 1ET= beta hell, 2 rounds of methotrexate, 4 months later Hcg < 2 
    Jan/Feb '13 IVF/ICSI (long lupron protocol) = 18R18M18F, 1ET = BFN, 10 frosties
    Apr '13 FET w 2ET (one from '09 and one newer) = (strep throat during 2ww) biochemical = BFN
    June '13 FET w 2ET = 1 baby boy lost at 10w, D/E with karyotyping, loss due to monosomy 21.
    Karyotyping of me and DH negative for a balance translocation.
    Dec '13 FET w 2ET, BFP!!!! 12/26 beta #1 10dp5dt = 781, beta 2 12dpt= 2234 could this be real?!
      Not giving up yet.
    5 frosties on ice.

Truly realizing how much of a miracle my son is and praying this will be a sibling for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry :(
    TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options

I am so sorry hon.  ((HUGS))

• Options
    Sorry you had bad news. Enjoy the wine - When I walk thru the door with a bottle he knows I've got bad news.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  These BFNs suck (to say the least).  (((HUGS)))
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  Hugs to you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Enjoy the red wine and take care of yourself.
  • Options
    So sorry MrsKario--I hope your next cycle is the one for you--and you will get through it because the strength that got you through your 1st IVF will also carry you through whatever it takes until you get your BFP!!  Wishing you luck on that journey...
    2009: 1st IVF began 12/29, cancelled due to OHSS; 1st full IVF began 2/10 ER 2/27 ET 3/4 BFN 3/13; IVF #2 began 5/23 ER 6/4 ET 6/9 BFP 6/18 Lost our baby on 9/12. 2010: IVF #3 (w/PGD) began 2/1 ER: 2/15 ET: 2/20 BFN 3/1; Took a break for hernia surgery and recovery; IVF #4 (w/PGD) began 6/30 ER 7/13 ET 7/18 BFN 7/27; IVF #5 began 10/23 ER 11/5 ET 11/10 Low Pos 11/19 BFN 11/22; Took a break: got a 2nd opinion,changed insurance,chose a new RE,and recharged emotionally. 2011: "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 6/4, 6/6, and 6/7 BFN on 6/21. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/3 & 7/5 BFN on 7/19. "Back-to-Back" IUIs on 7/30, 8/1 & 8/2...the journey continues into 2012 with three more IVFs and 6 more IUIs...now looking at IVF with donor egg Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry (((HUGS)))
    Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • Options

I'm so sorry.

Definitely a good idea on the wine.  That always helps me feel better for awhile. ((hugs))

• Options
    I'm so very sorry.  You'll be in my prayers, and hopefully you can try again and be doubly blessed! (((HUGS)))
  • Options

I am so sorry... 

PCOS, Tubal Factor
    2 Ectopic Losses = 2 surgeries = 1 unusable tube
    IVF #1 June 2009 = SUCCESS! EDD 3/7/1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    epphdepphd member
    IMHO, red wine is an excellent way to start getting over a BFN - it was what I always did too.  IVF BFNs really suckass - I'm so sorry.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    I am so sorry :(
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    Im so sorry.  Hopefully you will be able to try again.
  • Options
    UGH! I am so sorry! enjoy your wine! do something nice for yourself. Did you freeze any embryos? GL tonight.
  • Options
    i'm sorry.  ((hugs))  take care of yourself.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    i'm so sorry.. i know how those bfns can bite!
  • Options
    JM1977JM1977 member
    I haven't posted much yet but wanted to just say that I am really sorry for this news.  I will be thinking of you.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry hun. ((hugs)) That just sucks! Sad
    TTC# 1 Since 10/2005----Diagnosed with PCOS March of 2006
    multiple failed cycles, multiple IUIs, lap with ovarian drilling 4/2008
    Finally BFP on 11/23/09 beta#1=36 beta#2 =62 beta#3=139
    Liliana was born on March 27,2010 at 21w5d due to infection and pre-term labor
    BFP #2 on 6/20/10 after Gonal-F and TI First u/s showed Twins! 
    TTC#2 since 02/2012 with out RE... 
    Back to RE 08/2016----- Cycle #1 10/2016 Femara 7.5mg=???
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    NYC_CTNYC_CT member
    UGH - I'm so sorry.  Those BFNs (even the expected ones) are SO hard.  I can imagine they're even worse when you've gone through something that aggressive.  Awful.  Enjoy that red wine, it's my consolation prize of choice as well!
  • Options

I'm so sorry! Even when we expect news like this it's always hard to actually hear it. Take care!

*hugs*

• Options
    Oh no!  I'm so, so sorry.  That sucks. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Wine always seems to be my best friend after the BFN.  GL to you on whatever step you choose next.
  • Options
    I am so sorry! Sending you hus!
  • Options
    I am sorry. It still sucks even if you thought it would be.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  Take time to grieve but don't lose hope!  Many times docs learn a lot from the first IVF and the 2nd one is successful.
  • Options
    im so sorry...hope you can go forward with IVF#2 soon
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  I can only imagine how devastating this was for you.  ((( BIG HUGS )))
    TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That sucks, I'm sorry.
  • Options
    I'm so, so sorry, I know how hard IVF BFN's are. They really suck. Take care.
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( I just got word my IVF#1 was a bust also...I pray #2 will be lucky for both of us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"