Austin Babies

crap! he climbed out of his crib

and hit the floor with a loud thud.  my heart sank when i heard it and the scream that followed.  he's fine, he only cried for a minute but it scared the crap out of both of us.  i feel sooooo bad.  when i ran into the room he was belly down :(

ugh, i'm so not ready for this.  it's already on the lowest setting.  i wonder if dh can drill more holes or if we can just put the mattress on the floor inside the crib for awhile.  we transitioned taryn at 18 months into a toddler bed but teagan just doesn't feel old enough yet to me :(  he's climbing everywhere here lately, dh found him in the tub a few days ago, he's constantly hiking that leg up to get where he wants to be.  the couch is next and i.am.dreading.the.day.

Re: crap! he climbed out of his crib

• Yikes!  Poor little guy (or monkey from the sounds of it)..and mama too!  Such big milestones all at the same time. 
    imageimage
  • Yup, mines a climber too. We have a tall dining table and have caught him climbing those chairs. We've had DS in a big boy bed for a while now and it's worked for us. If your not ready try a toddler bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I should be thankful we made it this long.  Ty was in a toddler bed by 12 months because he'd try and climb out and I was scared he'd get hurt.  I'm going to have dh look at it tonight....off to shop for a new bed I suppose :(
  • you are scaring me! Little Dude hasn't done that yet, but he sure does like to climb.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Poor Teagan, and poor Mama!

Syd is only 6 days older than T, and we are just about to transition her to a toddler bed here at my house. I am so dreading it, so I feel your pain.

Good luck with whatever route you guys decide to take!?

• I suppose this may be a dumb question, but, here it goes anyway: do you think that because he hurt himself that maybe he won't try it again for awhile? This is exactly what happened with dd and she is still in her crib--thank goodness--like you I'm not ready for her to be in a big-girl bed.

DUDE!! How insensitive can I be? I meant to start with: "I'm so sorry little t fell out of his crib and scared you so" but I got distracted and missed that part...sorry...I really hope he's okay and you, too.

Jennifer--
    imageimageimage
  • the more i sit here and think about it, the more it freaks me out.  he could have broken his neck.  we may be making a quick trip to ikea tonight for a toddler bed.  yeah, it sucks making the transition and we won't get much sleep for a few nights, but it's not worth him getting hurt.

sundot - i don't think so, he's been climbing into the baskets in our playroom for weeks and is always tipping them over, he hasn't learned he can't do that and not get hurt....frustrating.  same goes for his anywhere chair, he's constantly falling off that thing, we finally had to put it up for awhile.

• imagesundot:
    I suppose this may be a dumb question, but, here it goes anyway: do you think that because he hurt himself that maybe he won't try it again for awhile? This is exactly what happened with dd and she is still in her crib--thank goodness--like you I'm not ready for her to be in a big-girl bed.
    If Teagan is anything like my DS he doesn't care if he hurts himself, he just gets up and tries again. I think it's a boy thing? DD never even thought of climbing out of her crib.

FYI, while your looking for beds for little T if your thinking about a twin or full size bed but concerned it's too high, we ditched the normal box spring and bought a bunkie board. So his full size bed isn't too high. He can slide off it if he needed too. We also have it against the wall with a extra long rail on the other end. The foot of the bed is high too so it's basically a huge crib since we have him surrounded on all sides.  There is a little bit of space the the rail doesn't cover that her recently noticed and slid of his bed but like I mentioned it's so low it's okay.

• agranagran member
    that sounds so scary!  I was hopeful maybe he's scare himself away from doing it for awhile too.  But FWIW I was at Ikea this weekend and they had some majorly cute toddler beds!! 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"