Pregnant after a Loss

Recommend your favorite maternity tanks

Help me!  I LOVE the target long and lean tanks b/c they have stretch in them, but I read the reviews online for the maternity version (Liz Lange) and they got bad reviews.  ON tanks are 100% cotton.  I'm worried they will shrink!

I have not tried the Motherhood ones.  I'm looking for a good basic that I can buy in lots of colors and pretty much live in this summer.  Where did you get yours?  Did they shrink after washing?

TIA!

BFP #1 = 12/23/08 M/C = 1/5/09 @ 6 w 0 d
BFP #2 = 3/30/09 DD born 12/9/09
BFP #3 = 5/17/11 EDD = 1/27/12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
18 months
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Recommend your favorite maternity tanks

• we have a Gap Outlet here and I just went and stocked up on basic tanks for $4.99!  They are long enough to get me through the summer!

ETA: I also have an ON maternity tank and love that too.  I just bought my reg size.

• I just ordered a tank from ON, I'll let you know how it washes.  I think the one I got said "stretchy cotton" in the description, which to me implies that it has stretch added to prevent shrinkage.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • For under shirts I LOVE banana republic, they are kind of expensive like $16.99 but they are sooo long I love them and then you can wear them when you are not pregnant too!

• I HATED my ON mat tank. It was long enough to cover my belly, but it was super low cut and stretched out as the day went on. I never did find a good tank, I just ended up wearing sports bras under my lower cut shirts and that worked just as well. Plus, I didn't want the extra layer of a full tank. Between the full panel pants and my mat shirts, I was plenty warm without a tank top on too.
  • Thanks ladies.  I'm looking at these to wear by themselves this summer, not under anything... excpet maybe a short sleeve cardigan at work. I am going to try on the ones at Motherhood tomorrow and see how they fit!  I've gotta have some stretch.
    BFP #1 = 12/23/08 M/C = 1/5/09 @ 6 w 0 d
    BFP #2 = 3/30/09 DD born 12/9/09
    BFP #3 = 5/17/11 EDD = 1/27/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    18 months
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still wearing the "normal" Target L&L tanks!  The maternity ones had too much room up top and didn't fit.  I also have some bra tanks from Vicki's that I love, but can't seem to find them online.  Oh, and I just found nursing tanks at Walmart (yes, really) that are super comfy too!
  • I have a bunch of tanks that are NON-wifebeater style-more trendy from ON and theyre holding up great. NOne of them have shrunk (actually I wish one had!).

I also LOVE VS wifebeater style tanks-they hold up forever! 

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • imageCincyRaysb2b:

For under shirts I LOVE banana republic, they are kind of expensive like $16.99 but they are sooo long I love them and then you can wear them when you are not pregnant too!

This! I love my BR tanks and I haven't had any problems with them shrinking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like the old navy long and lean tanks. I have a few in reg sizes (1 size up) that are stretchy enough they'll fit me for a while, and I bought a couple of maternity ones that I like as well.

I really hate the Motherhood maternity tanks. They don't have much shape, pretty much zero stretch, and I didn't feel like they were long enough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wound up buying my tanks from ON. I tried the Motherhood ones, but being a busty gal, they were too low cut. I would have needed another tank underneath for it not to be indecent. I love my ON tanks. They fit the best when I was 24-34 weeks, but even now they fit ok. I don't think they shrunk as much as my belly is just huge. I do have to be aware when I wear below the belly pants that my belly doesn't hang out (but only in the last 2-3 weeks).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"