Georgia Babies

Peachtree Runners - Pickup spot?

I have done the Peachtree for the past 10 years with my Dad as a Father-daughter tradition, but this year is definitely going to be the toughest... in the past year I became pregnant, had twins, and now I am totally out of shape.  It is going to be a slow race since I'll be walking!  But since I'm also breastfeeding my twins, I am really nervous about how long I will be away from them - I know they can drink bottles while I'm gone, but I'm worried about the pressure on my girls if I don't BF for too long.

Sorry for the ramble - my question is... where can my DH pick me and my Dad up after the race?  We usually aren't in so much of a rush to leave, but this year I am definitely going to be eager to get picked up and get home as soon as we cross the finish line.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Peachtree Runners - Pickup spot?

• Thanks for posting. Interested in this as well.

I'm with you abt the walking. I'm so scared that I'm not gonna finish it :)

• We are planning to meet family at the meeting area. They have a designated area with initial balloons. It has always worked great for us.

I am so envious that you get to run with your Dad.  My sister and I grew up running Peachtree's with our Dad.  He is the one that instilled the love of running in us.  When we were too young to run Mom would take us down each year to cheer Dad on.  Peachtree's with my family bring back such fond memories.  This year my Dad will not be running due to the surgery he had a year ago.  He still has not recovered and will never run again.  We are running in honor of him.  We had shirts made up with a picture of us with Dad when were were little after a race.  We will all be wearing them and Dad will be waiting for us at the end.  I would give anything to run with him again!!!!

Good luck with your run and have fun with Dad!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • care99care99 member
    I'd say Monroe, if that street is not closed off.  Anywhere else is going to be a madhouse....You could try the Trader Joes shopping center.  It's kind of caticornered from the 10th/Monroe intersection.
  • Thanks!

Bradbride - that is really sweet that you are running in honor of your Dad.  I love running with my father - we don't have a lot in common, but he has flown down here every single year to run the Peachtree with me for the past 10 years.  My mom and husband cheer us on around mile 4.  I grew up cheering on my Dad in races - it's something he loves (I don't love it, but I love him, so that is enough reason to do it).

I haven't run since last year's Peachtree since I had the twins, so this is going to be a challenge!

I'll take a look at which streets are going to be blocked off and see what the best solution is...

• We always get picked up on Monroe near the Starbucks or Caribou coffee (I'm not sure which coffee shop it is). I am envious of all of you who get to run this year! It would have been my 14th Peachtree Road Race with my dad and my eighth with my DH. My DH is planning on running and my brother in law will run in my spot since I will be getting ready for my induction on Sunday and although I thought walking the race would be a great way to induce my doctor said it was not a good idea. Hope everyone has a great race and a Happy 4th of July!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"