Pregnant after 35
Options

Strollers: travel system vs. snap and go

I'm so confused on the whole stroller situation, and the carseat post below got me thinking about it again.  I have some friends who swear by the travel system, and others who say don't waste your money, just go with the snap and go.  I just did some poking around on babies r us, and by my calculations, purchasing an infant car seat, a snap and go stroller, and then a reclining stroller for later puts me at about $350.  A comparable travel system is about $300.  The travel system seems easier somehow, but I've heard that the snap and go strollers are so lightweight and convenient. 

Am I missing something?  what are the other pros/cons of either choice?

Re: Strollers: travel system vs. snap and go

• Options

I don't know if what I'm going to post will help or not, but here's what we're doing...

My dad got us the Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30 travel system FREE with his American Express rewards points with 30% off. But even if it hadn't been free, the travel system retails for $329.99 and with the 30% off, it would have cost @ $231 plus tax.

So we're planning on ALSO getting a snap-n-go frame for when the baby is little, since it's so lightweight and easier for a car.  The BabyTrend snap-n-go retails for $59.99 or so.  And with a coupon for less.

Basically I got the travel system AND the snap-n-go.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I am a total fan of the snap n go!!  It is super light, easy to put in the car.  I think it really depends on how long you can use it for.  For example, my little guy was a slow weight gainer and not a "big" baby.  So he lasted in his graco infant seat until a year.  WIth that being said I got a lot of use out of the snap n go.  For our "big" stroller I ended up getting a jeep jogger which I love and still use.  Plenty of space, easy to fold, and really smooth, whether on the pavement or off roadish.  Hope this helps a little!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have a travel system and got the snap n go because of how easy and lightweight it is.  We got ours at a consignment sale so I got the snap n go for $30.  Check out local consignement sales and/or stores if you want to get one second hand.

• Options
    I am using my my sisters graco car seat and she is still using the stroller.  My DH and I bought the snap and go and love it.  We will end up with a macclaren stroller but love the snap n go with the car seat right now.  we bought it at babies r us for $50 i think.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were given a used Graco stroller and used it with our Snugride till son was 7 months old (he was a big baby and grew out of his infant seat by 7 months).  We retired the stroller and bought a lightweight stroller that reclines from BRU.  DS is now 2 and the lightweight stroller is difficult to push (he is 32 pounds).  I wish we had the original stroller to use at this point (we gave it away).  I was actually think about getting a new stroller, but we are currently TTC a second baby right now and I dont want to waste any money on a stroller in case we may need a double.  I also have a jogging stroller and it is very heavy and bulky.  It is not something I would want to put in and out of my truck often. 
  • Options

We liked the travel system better because the snap and go didn't have enough room for our diaper bag, it was easier to do a diaper change in the stroller than the car seat when there wasn't a clean place to go (hate mall bathrooms), cup holders, couldn't justify spending money on a snap and go and a stroller that we'd end up needing anyway.

• Options
    I am not a fan of the travel systems because So big and  bulky.  My best friend has the chico system and when we go out, it's so damn heavy to get in and out.  It's so big, it takes up most of the trunk.  Plus I would only be taking my baby in and out the car in the infant seat for the first maybe 2 to 3 months.  I have the snap and go and it's perfect for me.  Compact and lightweight.  I will use that for trips into stores, Dr's etc.  For serious walking I have the super lightweight Baby Jogger City Mini.  That carriage will last us for the next couple of years from infant to toddler.  I will use that most later on.  I just don't feel the travel system is worth it.  I suspect I am going to have a big baby.  I will not be lugging him around in his infant car seat for long.  My nephew is 6 months 22 pounds, we take him out of the car and put him into his car seat.  We would never pull him out in his carseat to put in a travel system. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"