Northern California Babies

~~futrkingsley~~

Hello!

Glad to hear the little guy is doing so well!  Happy almost one year!

I was curious how your night waking and weaning process (or future plans) are going... as I recall we had similar patterns of frequent wakings with our babes?  My guy is still up 2-4 times before he's up for the day... doesn't always eat each time but would like to!  I had hoped we'd be totally done with that by one year but it's not looking that way.  I imagine once you transition to WCM you'll have a different experience... but in our case I won't do that for a while as we have a lot of allergies in the family and I want to delay dairy a bit longer.

Hope all is well!  TIA!

Re: ~~futrkingsley~~

• Ah yes, DS is still waking often at night.  But I didnt' tell the pediatrician that!  I said he wakes less often.  Which is true. LOL. 

So DS usually goes down for the night at about 9 pm (depending on the timing of his last nap).  It's a struggle to get him to go to sleep (he always wants to play and nurse, and play and nurse). We have been bed-sharing for months and months now.  Once he is aslep, DH or I stay with him.  He now wakes up at to nurse between 1-3, 4-6 and then is up for the day between 6:30 and 8 am (if he was up late the night before).  He wakes other times but can be patted back to sleep.  He likes to nurse when he wakes up for the day (it seems to ease him up most days).

I plan to keep nursing him when we are together but do WCM while I'm at work so I can stop pumping.

So yes, he wakes up to nurse less often. There is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"