Toddlers: 24 Months+

red wedding dress

what are your thoughts? DH and I are having a destination renewal in a few years and I saw this beyond gorgeous red wedding dress. I am getting mixed reactions though. some love it others find it distasteful. Is there anything really wrong with a red wedding dress? or if you could help explain how it's distasteful that would be great too. TIA!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: red wedding dress

• Where? And I bet your taste and style will change in a few years...I wouldn't buy anything yet.
  • imagembg8r:
    Where? And I bet your taste and style will change in a few years...I wouldn't buy anything yet.

oh I defiitely wasn't gonna buy anything... I just thought maybe someone could help me understand why it's "wrong".

where the wedding? Paradise Island Bahamas

where the dress? it's an Alfred Angelo dress.

• Loading the player...
  • that sounds like something youd see on that CMT white trash wedding show. and the groom in a sleeveless tux.
  • imagepunkfiction:
    that sounds like something youd see on that CMT white trash wedding show. and the groom in a sleeveless tux.

how nice of you to find a dress you haven't seen white trash... I knew you were a sweet person deep down.

• is it all red, or just accented with red??  Do you have a pic??  Its just a vow renewal you are doing so I see nothing wrong with it. 
  • imagesoontobecapek:

imagembg8r:
    Where? And I bet your taste and style will change in a few years...I wouldn't buy anything yet.

oh I defiitely wasn't gonna buy anything... I just thought maybe someone could help me understand why it's "wrong".

where the wedding? Paradise Island Bahamas

where the dress? it's an Alfred Angelo dress.

Yeah, I was wondering where the renewal was going to be. Ok, see, that makes a difference to me. In Vegas I could see a red dress, but not in the Bahamas. Just seems way over done for my taste. Maybe red accents, but not a complete red dress.

• And as far as understanding why it's wrong, that's just personal taste if you take the obvious tradition aspect out of it.
  • I think it's considerded distasteful b/c white is the tradition to show purity. Red is basically the opposite of that. ;) but it's a renewal, so diff rules. But for the beach, red would not be my choice.
  • imageStacieErin:
    I think it's considerded distasteful b/c white is the tradition to show purity. Red is basically the opposite of that. ;) but it's a renewal, so diff rules. But for the beach, red would not be my choice.

this. 

• They made the dress for people to wear no??

If you love it...go for it.  Who cares what others think...especially for a renewal.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"