Multiples

When do you find out if you're having multiples?

Hi All,

I had been doing fertility treatments and recently got a BFP (yay!).  I'm wondering at what point will I be able to find out if I'll be blessed with multiples or a singleton?

Thanks!

Re: When do you find out if you're having multiples?

• at your first ultrasound.

good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • At your first u/s.  We went in at 5w6d but every RE is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • We found out at our first ultrasound...6 weeks 1 day. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I got a BFP, went into RE right away (I actually didn't start fertility treatments yes, was going to start in vitro) and they did a u/s right away and saw three sacs/triplets!  I was about 5.5 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im the exception.  My first u/s only showed one baby.  u/s 2 was almost 12 weeks and that is when we saw twins.  I made them look extra good because I said I couldnt come to every u/s finding another baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't find out until 12 weeks during an u/s. ?At 8 weeks (now I think it was actually 9 weeks) we heard one heartbeat via doppler, but we were not looking for two and I don't know if you can even hear two on those things. ?They were conceived naturally however and we were not expecting twins which is why I think we found out later than others. ??

• I went in for an early u/s at 5 weeks & my little twinnies were snuggled up next to each other!
  • I found out at 8 weeks, my first DR's appt.  They did an U/S to see how far along I was since I had no clue...... 
  • More then likely at your first ultrasound (I say more then likely because there are a few on this board who did not discover the 2nd baby until almost 20 wks) rare but it does happen.  We found out at our 6 wk u/s  Congrats!
  • I found out at my first u/s, 7 weeks
  • We found out it was twins at our first ultrasound which was 7w2d. My RE doesn't schedule the first U/S before 7weeks so that he can be sure the hearts are beating and there are no questions. Before 6 weeks you may see more than one sac, but may not see hb's yet.
  • I found out at my first US...but that was close to 18 weeks when they did the anatomy check! Imagine my surprise- they were my firsts so I didn't think anything of any symptoms. All the heartbeat check at earlier appts. turned up one heartbeat- but they weren't looking for 2!
  • congrats!  We found out at first u/s at 6w4d
    My Blog: Say Lucky Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"