Two Under 2

If you had a c-sec with #2...

Did you really not lift DC #1 for 6 weeks???
I really try not to, and my mom is even here to help me for 2 weeks.  But I catch myself doing it anyways.  Like just a little lift up to his changing table, or into his crib.  And I'm wondering if I'm slowing down my recovery time.

How did the lifting of DC #1 go for you?

Re: If you had a c-sec with #2...

• To be honest I don't really recall.  I do know that my husband took care of my daughter when he was home because he felt that it was important that I not lift her because if I went down he was up a creek.

My daughter can walk so I just didn't life her, but I know I didn't wait 6 weeks.

I also had twins and they quickly gained weight - they 2 of them combined quickly weighted what my daughter did.

I would sit on the couch or on the floor and hold her.

• I think I was lifting DS #1 within days of being home but like you it was just in and out of the crib or in his highchair or on the changing table. My cousin is a PA in an OB office and she told me as long as I was lifting with my legs when needed and not just carrying him around it really wasn't a big deal.

I almost feel like they say not to lift anything heavier than your newborn for 6 weeks just so you don't try to go home and be super mom right a way and not get the rest that you need to recover.

• Loading the player...
  • NOPE! I had 3 c/s's in 3 years. I waited 1 week after each c/s to do any lifting. I had fantastic recoveries (no pain meds after any of my c/s's in the hospital OR at home), and my OB just warned me to listen to my body and not overdo it.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I totally lifted him.

I listened to my body and didn't do it when I was having bad pain.

It's just different with the second. ?You do what you've gotta do.

My Mom was in town but sometimes he just wanted me.

I thought I healed faster with #2 because I was more active.

Sorry it seems like it's hindering your recovery!?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • docs never told me when i could lift again so i just started lifting DS this week, i'm alittle over 2wks PP.  i only lift him in and out of his high chair and i try to change his diaper mainly on the floor.  thankfully we had moved DS into his big boy room in the beginning of june so i don't have to lift him into his crib, i don't think i could do that yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • I couldn't help myself, I had to hold him!  Just trust your body and you should be fine.  I recovered so much faster with the second c section.  If you feel like you're pushing it, take a break.
  • I got on the floor to help her/hug her
  • I've just begun to be at a point where lifting dd isn't straining my incision.  It's now been just over a month since my c-section.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lifted her almost right away.  I was careful to use my arms and not my abs.  There is no way I could not lift her for 6 weeks.  She was only about 20 pounds though. 

I started having horrible pain near my incision at about 2 weeks PP and I was scared that I pulled something.  It turned out I had kidney stones.

• I was lifting him into his crib by 1w PP and into/out of the car/crib/high chair by 2w PP.  But, I did not walk around with him on my hip until I was 6 weeks PP.  It just didn't feel good to do it until then and he really didn't ask that much b/c I could hardly do it at the end of my PG.
  • I was lifting her by day 10, not too much, but it was hard not to do since she was only 19 months old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"