Infertility

when does the follistim bloat go away?

even my "fat" clothes are tight/don't fit. i couldn't have gained this much weight in two weeks.  . .
S/PAIFW
Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
IVF #3

Re: when does the follistim bloat go away?

• cadencaden member
    I didn't take follistim, but I had major bloating from the stims. Mine went away about 5-6 days after the ER.
  • LCB34LCB34 member
    I have some MAJOR bloat going on.  I think it is a combo of the stims, the retrieval, and the progesterone I am on.  I literally have no suits for work that fit.  I had to rummage thru the back of my closet to find an acceptable, flowy dress to wear today.  I am 3 day post ER and 6 days past my last dose of Follistim/Menopur.  Hopefully it will either go down soon or turn into a cute bump!
  • Loading the player...
  • My bloat from stims (Follistim & Repronex) went down several days after ER.  I actually felt thinner and not so puffy for a few days.  Now I have progesterone bloat going on . . . . grrr.
  • Yup, I'm echoing what these others have said...  I remember feeling better 5 days after ER.  Until then it was bloat city.
  • It took about 5 days for the serious bloat to go after the ER. I still feel bloated but not nearly as bad 6 days later. I think overall your body just goes into "bloat" mode. If it's not follistim, its progesterone or something else. As pp mentioned, hopefully the bloat will transition nicely into a baby bump :)
  • imageLCB34:
    I have some MAJOR bloat going on.? I think it is a combo of the stims, the retrieval, and the progesterone I am on.? I literally have no suits for work that fit.? I had to rummage thru the back of my closet to find an acceptable, flowy dress to wear today.? I am 3 day post ER and 6 days past my last dose of Follistim/Menopur.? Hopefully it will either go down soon or turn into a cute bump!

same here!?

• I don't know but I hope soon!  I have my ER tomorrow, and I look like I'm 3 mos preggers.  crossing my fingers that we both are in 2 1/2 mos!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"