Breastfeeding

Decrease in supply at 9 months? Normal?

I've noticed a SERIOUS decrease in supply within the last week.  About half of what I would normally pump, even first thing in the morning.  I was out of town last weekend and didn't pump after the first morning feeding like I normally would (logistically it would have been very difficult to contain DD while I pumped for 20 minutes), so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it and hope I didn't permanently screw up my supply. 

If anyone else had a dip in supply like this, did it come back?  I haven't gotten AF yet, but I suppose that could be it.  I am hoping to make it to one year and have enough in the freezer to get through about 3 weeks at daycare, but have lately only been able to pump 2 bottles worth per day (used to get up to 4 per day), so will have to dip into that pretty quickly. 

Re: Decrease in supply at 9 months? Normal?

• I noticed one, but not quite as bad as yours seems to be. I do know it was around that time that DD started eating a lot more solids, so she didn't drink as much milk.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was just going to post something similar.  My supply has tanked in the last week and I don't know why.  I've had AF since 3 mos pp, so that's not it.  I wonder if it's b/c my son is now eating 3 meals per day?  I'm curious to see what others have to say.
  • Loading the player...
  • ksb717ksb717 member
    yup, same here.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to go back up :   I'm running out of bm for supplementing and thinking I'm going to have try formula
    Samantha 9.11.08 | Dylan 5.19.10 | Maxwell 12.29.11
  • The same as madhatter. When dd started to eat more solids my supply dipped also
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"