Preemies
Options

Hi introduction (pip included)

I just wanted to introduce myself and my son.  my names patricia i am moving over here from SAL.  My first son was born at 15weeks due to a placental abruption and infection,  he passed 1-2mins after being born.  My little beanie baby Wyatt was born on 6/25/09 at 7:15am I was only 26weeks along.  He weighs in at a whooping 2lbs 9oz and is 14 1/4 inches long (he is in the 91st percentile in his age to weight group).  We are not sure why i cant hold a baby to term so here soon I will be getting testing down.  As for Wyatt he is doing so good he was put on a ventilator when he was born and 4:00am the next morning not even 24hours later he was off of it and on a cpap (the entire time on the vent he was only on room oxygen and he was going above and beyond the vent).  He did get put back on the vent yesterday afternoon but they said they will be taking it out today they just wanted to give him a little rest since he has been working so hard.  But other then that he has had no problems other then a couple times he has stopped breathing for a second but that is to be expected.  I am at the hospital everyday so i will not be on a whole lot right now but i am looking forward to getting to know everyone. 

Re: Hi introduction (pip included)

• Options
    Congrats on your sweet baby Wyatt!!! He is adorable.  What a big boy too!  That is awesome and it sounds like he is doing well with breathing.  Welcome to our board.  Although none of us join this club by choice, it is a great group of supportive, knowledgeable, and caring women who have been through it all!  There are a couple other moms on here with 26 weekers and many moms have babies right around that GA.  Make sure keep us updated.  We love to celebrate all of the mini-nicu-milestones with you!  Vent here and ask questions when needed as well.  Congrats again!
  • Options

Just like RRH said, it is not a club we joined by choice but this group of ladies is by far the best I've found.  This board is extremely supportive and will be able to help!!

Keep us updated when you have time!  He is absolutely adorable.  I am looking forward to seeing him grow!!!

Sara

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have so much to be proud of!!! Welcome to the board and best of luck!!
  • Options

oh my goodness, what a little fighter!

good luck to you ... he's beautiful!

• Options
    Congratulations! Brandon was born at 26 weeks, 1 day. He will be one on Sunday. He came home 2 weeks before his due date and the only problem he has is his reflux which he is on medicine for.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options

congrats!!!  Our son was a 26 weeker (born in Dec) and is doing great now.  Our son was on the vent/oscillator for a couple weeks before cpap, so already your son is doing great.  I hope your stay isn't too long!  We were there 117 days because of feeding issues that are probably a bit longer than normal.

I hope the doctors find out why you can't carry to term.  That's such a scary situation :(

• Options

Congrats!

You do have a big boy! That's great. My twins were big for their gestation too and I believed that helped them in the long run. I had mine at 26w, 6d.

It's going to be a long road but we're here for you.

((HUGS))

• Options
    Congrats on you BIG boy!!! Like all the other ladies said this isn't a club we join by choice but there isn't a better group of women out there.  Wish your little one a smooth NICU ride and a quick return home.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Options
    Sounds like Wyatt is quite a fighter!  Congrats on his birth and the progress he is making.  Welcome to the Preemie board.  We are also known as the "drama-free" board. 
  • Options

Welcome. I had placental abruption and delivered at 22 weeks. DS only lived a few minutes as well. Argghh awful experience. I went into unexplained ptl at 30 weeks w/ DD. I am going to try to get in w/ a MFM before trying to concieve again.

• Options

imagemek10976:
      Welcome to the Preemie board.  We are also known as the "drama-free" board. 

LOVE THIS Yes

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Options
    Welcome!  It sounds like your son is doing really well.  My DS was also born at 26 weeks.  He was on the vent for about a week then on CPAP for 6 weeks.  He came home at 37 weeks gestation.  He is now a happy, healthy almost 4 year old with no problems from being early.  Feel free to ask any questions here, everyone is wonderful.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    Congrats on that big 26 weeker!  He looks great.  This is an amazingly supportive place; I have realized that in the last 3 weeks.  Welcome, even though I know no one wants to join this club.
  • Options
    Congrats!  I hope your little fighter has an uneventful nicu stay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mcdevmcdev member

Hello and welcome. ?Your pictures of Wyatt are adorable. ?He looks strong and his weight is impressive for a 26 weeker. ?The NICU can be very overwhelming, but you can always find someone who has been through something similar circumstances on this board. ?Good luck and congratulations!

p.s. ?I also go into unexplained PTL. ?:(?

Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Options
    What a beautiful little man!!!  Congratulations!!  I am sorry that you have had to join us on this board but am so happy that he is doing so well.  Please keep us updated... I love looking at pics!
  • Options
    Congrats on your son! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hello! I remember you from PL. Bug hugs & lots of positive thoughts for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"