Blended Families

Tues' "Getting to Know Yous"

1) Who was your favorite band (group or solo) in highschool?

Duran Duran (does that not age me?)

2) Who is your favorite band (group or solo) now?

Sara McLaughlin 

3) If you had to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for the rest of your life, what would that one word be?

Think  - ie question your beliefs and actions (especially before you do them). 

4) Do you have a collection of tchotchke (expensive or cheap)?  What is it?

I collect lanterns (candle) from various regions and around the world.  I have sets from Williamsburg (pewter colonial reproductions), New England ship lanterns, Korean ceramic, Saudi gold lanterns, Chinesse Paper Lanterns, rustic american reproduction and Appalacian pottery lanterns. 

I am looking forward to going to Europe to expand my collection.

5) If you had to choose between being deaf or blind, which would it be?  Why?

I would choose being deaf.  You are not as limited in life, especially with ASL and lip reading. 
file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Tues' "Getting to Know Yous"

• 1) Who was your favorite band (group or solo) in highschool?

Aerosmith

Fall Out Boy?  I listen to whatever the boys like...

3) If you had to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for the rest of your life, what would that one word be?

Love

No.

Tough choice.  We already use closed captioning with the tv on mute most of the time (baby).  Some of my family members are already legally deaf, so I'm familiar with it.

But, I think I'd be a better mom if I could hear but not see.  I have the extra sharp "mom" ears right now so I know what they are doing even when they're not in the room.  I'd hate to lose that.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.

Nirvana, I was devestated when he died.

Kings of Leon

Believe - in your self and god. 

Book - I still have most of my childhood books.  I hate when people ask me to borrow my books as I don't like to loose them.

Buttons - I have a huge sewing box that contains hundresd of buttons.  I will need them someday just wait and see.

I would choose being deaf.  You are not as limited in life.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...

No Doubt and Offspring

Too many to list!

Love

I don't really collect anything,  but I do have a lot of asian decor in my house.

I would choose being deaf.  You are not as limited in life, especially with ASL and lip reading.  *Ditto...although I think I'd be kicking someone's butt if they were going to make me be either!
  • 1) Who was your favorite band (group or solo) in highschool?  I can't pick just one.  I loved Aerosmith, AC/DC, Metallica - the list goes on and on.

2) Who is your favorite band (group or solo) now?   I don't really have any one fav.

3) If you had to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for the rest of your life, what would that one word be?  Faith

4) Do you have a collection of tchotchke (expensive or cheap)?  What is it?   Not really.  DH collects shot glasses.

5) If you had to choose between being deaf or blind, which would it be?  Why?  Tough one, but if I have to choose - I guess I would choose being deaf.

• Shel77Shel77 member

Poison...still had a crush on Bret Michaels until Rock of Love

Sugarland

At least this week, either "arrgghhh" or "WTF?"...realizing that these are technically not words in the strictest sense.

every one here collects interesting crap, I have textbooks from too much education.  Technically expensive when I bought them, now worth nothing so have to keep 'em forever.

definitely deaf, thinking of being as independent as possible, e.g. driving, walking around in the city. 
  • FloF9FloF9 member

Scorpions, Pat Benetar, Bon Jovi (yea I was a metal head)

Eh...don't have one. 

Love

Sorry but never heard of the word tchotchke.  I have a few beer mugs (steins) but I doubt they are worth anything.

Deaf
  • 1) Who was your favorite band (group or solo) in highschool?The Black Crowes and 3112) Who is your favorite band (group or solo) now?I don't have an actual favorite, but RCPM is on the cd player most of the time3) If you had to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for the rest of your life, what would that one word be?I hate t-shirts can it be a tanktop and it would probably be "***" I figure its fair warning... 
    4) Do you have a collection of tchotchke (expensive or cheap)?  What is it?I also collect lanterns, I collect shells (sea shells...never bought always found) and when I was a kid I collected Unicorns-Those are boxed up at my mom's house.5) If you had to choose between being deaf or blind, which would it be?  Why?

I'm a photographer so definitely DEAF!  Plus deaf means no hearing kids fight-and I would hate to not be able to see my children as they grow. 

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran

I didn't have a fav in HS..... There was way too much out there then!

I still don't have a fav.... still listen to a lot of what I did in HS now that I have all my CDs on the ipod 

poop.... just to confuse people

I don't really.... I just collect Bills at this point

thats nearly impossible for me to answer.... but my husband is deaf so I guess I would have to be blind... atleast together we could make a full set of senses!

• tchotchke is the slavic (spelled differently in polish or russian, etc), then adapted into yiddish for toys or knicknacks.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

I don't think I really had one in highschool, TLC I guess

Foo Fighters

Question 

I don't really, I want to have a collection of something...I just can't figure out what I want to collect

definately deaf, I need to see!

Def Leppard

Plain White T's

Teach

None

Deaf...probably because I would still be able to read lips or learn to sign.  I would miss being able to actually *see* my kids as they got older.
  • MrsBPOMrsBPO member

I think I would have to say Boston.  There were so many, though.  (Illumine and I must be of an age.  I totally loved Duran Duran in the hair band pop days.)

Sara McLachlan

I like Illumine's "Think."  So much possibility in that one word.  Or "Love" - all things lead from Love. 

Purses and shoes.  :)  I started collecting onyx but you can only have so much to display before it gets overwhelming.  I have an onyx sphere, marble, vase and container (so far).  Christmas ornaments; I always got one for each kid as they grew and I'm starting on the next generation, and I pick something up when we travel to put on the tree as well.  I used to have fantabulous doll and horse collections when I was a kid. 

Deaf.  You can reach out and communicate while deaf (sign, written, TTY), but you can't see the richness of the world if you're blind.

Photobucket

Madonna

Rascal Flatts

Relax

.We buy a Christmas tree ornament whenever we go on vacation.

Deaf...I cannot imagine not seeing my children's faces.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker

Toss up between Bruce Springsteen (Born in the USA era) and John Cougar Mellencamp.

I have too many.  Charlie Robison, Lyle Lovett, Randy Rogers Band, Jon Dee Graham, Lucinda Williams, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Bruce Robison, Rober Earl Keen, Hayes Carll, Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash...shall I go on? I'm an alternative country FREAK. 

CASH

(as in Johnny Cash)

Oh yes.  I collect cowboy boots. All ones that I and my husband have worn over the years.  I collect old white linens, pink and green depression glass, white antique dishes, and I go around to art fairs and buy original art pieces that are indicative to my life in Iowa, and my husband's Texas background.

Deaf. Even though I'm a huge music fan and I would miss music terribly, I'm an interior designer. I make my living off of what I see and colors and beautiful surroundings.  I also love art and get more satisfaction and peace out of beautiful visual environments and things.  

• sdc81sdc81 member

BEatles, though they're certainly not 'my time'. And I love them just as much today.    :-)

Kaiser Chiefs.

3. If you had to wear a t-shirt with one word on it for the rest of your life, what would that one word be?

Love.

I don't have just one thing; I like to collect from each different country we visit something that represents the culture well.

Not sure.

• imageIlumine:

Aerosmith and Dave Matthews

A lot. Aerosmith is still up there. I lurve James Taylor

Care

Not really.

Deaf. I think. I would hate to not be able to see the world 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"