Georgia Babies

Thieving Movers!!!

We just moved to Florida and I've been unpacking everything...come to find out the mover that packed up all our meds stole 4 packets of my birth control pills.  The boxes are all empty and it included samples from my doctor and Rxs that I just filled.

She was commenting on how having another child was the farthest thing from her mind.  Patty from Arpin Van Lines--total thief!!  And I found this out after my husband tipped all the movers...so PISSED!!!

Re: Thieving Movers!!!

• File a complaint with the BBB and confront them. Tell them they packed you the meds are gone and you want the $ to replace them. That totally sucks by the way, I am very sorry they did that to you.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • care99care99 member

I saw that on FB and could not believe it!  Have you contacted the moving company?  I would be all over that, since they are prescription drugs.

Oh, and how did the move go?  Are you getting settled in?  How are the kids liking it?

• Loading the player...
  • The BBB is a bunch of crap. ? They did nothing for me when I moved and got ripped off by our movers. ??
  • That is awful. ?We had friends move back to Auburn from Texas and the movers stole EVERYTHING. ?Two semi's of their stuff, and all they had was what was packed in their car. ?They had an infant at the time too. ?They came out way ahead on the lawsuit, but it wasn't worth the hassle and trouble they had to deal with.

Thieves suck, whether it is a few pills or everything.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG that is awful!  I would call the moving company and file a complaint and file w/ the BBB.  MLvK is right, they won't do anything about it, but at least they will probably keep the complaint on file and it may be searchable to others considering using this company.

• KerrinKerrin member
    What a nightmare!  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!
  • wow! other than the bcp's I hope things are going well with the move.

• maykatmaykat member
    so far so good with the move--although the house is a wreck. And the kids have adjusted great. Alec loves his new school We had no tears on his first day yesterday :)
  • Seriously! Your BCPs!  That is just STUPID - I mean aren't there free clinics to get free pills.  That just sucks!
  • I would def call the company and let them know that some prescription drugs are missing and ask for reimbursement....which I am sure they will say no...but heck maybe if you say drugs it will make them investigate. I would also file a grievance with BBB which will do nothing, but people looking at them will see that at least one customer had issues with them and think twice.  I always look at BBB when using a mover. 
  • maykatmaykat member
    the moving company which is a client of DH's company agreed to reimburse me for the $$.  The coordinator assigned for our move was mortified.  I guess they subcontract out to local movers and they called the owner of the company to let him know.
  • Wow! That sucks.  Birth-control pills?  How random is that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"