Preemies

Poll IHO lstaylor & the Little Couple

How many beds did your NICU have?

Re: Poll IHO lstaylor & the Little Couple

• Ours had 81. I think it might actually be more now because they opened the rest of the brand new rooms right after we left.

• I think 40...but they were building the new NICU which is supposed to be massive and have all private rooms.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours had I think 27 beds, it was very small, but all the rooms were private.  Originally I had a private room for each baby with an adjoining door and both had windows overlooking the outdoor cafe area with a beautiful koi pond and blooming dogwood trees.  Then we were moved to one room that could hold both kids, but no window and that's when the real depression set in.
  • ours had 50 something I think. I never went to the level 3 side because I was still in the hospital seperated from ds while he was in level 3. But I pretty sure they had about 20 over there.

It's the only nicu in alaska.

But then again, alaska isn't that big!

• 42, but they used the private rooms for storage so it was really more like 28 or so.
  • 30 or 32 or something...
  • 64 private rooms--2 of them were specific triplet/twin rooms.  It was definately nice to have all of the rooms private.

• 46 private rooms, 15 step down (intermediate care) private rooms
  • imagelstaylor73:
    Ours had I think 27 beds, it was very small, but all the rooms were private.  Originally I had a private room for each baby with an adjoining door and both had windows overlooking the outdoor cafe area with a beautiful koi pond and blooming dogwood trees.  Then we were moved to one room that could hold both kids, but no window and that's when the real depression set in.

Dogwood trees? Koi pond? Outdoor cafe?  You have some fancy NICUs out by you.  So jealous.  I had a view of the parking lot.

• imagemek10976:

imagelstaylor73:
    Ours had I think 27 beds, it was very small, but all the rooms were private.  Originally I had a private room for each baby with an adjoining door and both had windows overlooking the outdoor cafe area with a beautiful koi pond and blooming dogwood trees.  Then we were moved to one room that could hold both kids, but no window and that's when the real depression set in.

Dogwood trees? Koi pond? Outdoor cafe?  You have some fancy NICUs out by you.  So jealous.  I had a view of the parking lot.

Parking lot? We didnt' even have windows!

(Actually, that's not entirely true. The ICU portion had a couple of half windows, sort of like in a basement (though it was the 2nd floor.) but the brand spanking new, really nice, private rooms had no windows at all.)

• 40 and 4 isolation rooms. It was less than half full when I was there but they say that in the summer it's full. Who knew NICUs had seasons?
  • It was 40 something. Maybe 42? There were two big rooms that had roughly 10-15 beds each, 3 rooms with 4 beds each and 3 isolation rooms.

Since DS was a 24 weeker we had an isolation room for the first week or two and then we were lucky enough to get assigned to one of the four bed rooms. Much less exposed than the big rooms. I think the big rooms were reserved for "older" preemies (like 30 weeks and above) because our 4 bed room had 20 something weekers in it our entire stay.

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"