Baby Showers

Baby shower for DC #2

My Mom is having a small shower for me since we're having a girl this time around, and she basically just wants to have a "hey she's having a baby, let's get together and celebrate" type of thing.  My friends keep telling me to register because they don't know what to get for us, what we still need, etc.  I wasn't going to register, but I also don't want people wasting money on things that we don't need.  I also hate returning things.  Do you think it's tacky if we make a small registry - like 8-10 items tops?

Re: Baby shower for DC #2

• Since it sounds like your last baby was a boy, and your friends are specifically looking for direction,  I think it's ok as long as your first child is a little bit older.  It only looks strange to me if it's going to be a second child under, say, 2 years old.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is fine to register...just don't put the registry info in the invite.  Your friends can ask your mom if you're registered or they will look it up themselves.

It really is best if you just do a "sprinkle" anyway...or have a meet the baby party after he is born...that way you get all the vistiing over with in one day and lots of boy clothes, toys, etc.  I understand in some localities it is expected to have a 2nd shower...it isn't where I live.

• Loading the player...
  • I think that would be fine, just don't anounce the registry on the invites.

Plus if you register for a few of each item, the registry won't come up completely purchased and empty.

• I think showers for your second baby (unless your first is over the age of 6) are tacky whether you register or not.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• my sister is throwing me a "sprinkle" party for the DC#2 and told me to register... I registered for different size diapers, wipes, johnson's shampoo's and baby laundry detergent!

She is putting on the invitations... your presence is good enough.. or something like that... she believes that all babies should be celebrated... and it's a reason to get family and friends together for a couple hours!

• I agree with pp. Just register and don't put it on the invites. If anyone asks you or your mom can tell them.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ctanactana member

imagehaleymay18:
    I think showers for your second baby (unless your first is over the age of 6) are tacky whether you register or not.

This....sorry, I am old school.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, in my area, second (and even third) showers are completely normal, and sometimes even expected.  My family and friends are looking at it as, "a baby is a reason to celebrate, so lets get together."  It's not like I'm dishing for gifts!  I just want to celebrate my new baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"