Pregnant after 35
Options

Tomorrow's the day!

Well today started off bad, since I slept only about 2hrs last night, stressed out a bit I guess ?!?!  Went to my "most important" u/s apt today at 9, they didn't take me in until almost 10:30 (even though I told them I had my OB apt at 11) DUH!  When I finally went in, I told the tech that this apt was going to be the deciding factor in whether I get induced tonight or have the c-section tomorrow and I needed to bring the results back with me for my OB's apt.  She was quite rude and said that she couldn't do that (and kept talking about what she could and couldn't do)!  Instead of paperwork she offered a CD, (unbeknownst to me it was just a CD of pics and nothing more) and I said ok.  So we proceed with the u/s, that she made me very uncomfortable in, as she had me turn and rotate a million times and proceeds to tell me i'm having a boy.....yeah, ummm, I know that, but what if I didn't ?  and what if I didn't want to know? 

Ok so all is done and I head to the OB office (very late) tell them what happened and that I didn't have the results, the nurse was livid and called up their office ASAP and started complaining, apaprently the u/s tech was brand new and should have never handled a patient like she did me.  In the mean time I'm being looked at and come to find out that i'm now only 4cm dilated! 

TWO hours later the u/s place has still not sent over the results and we were advised to go home,  my OB office apologized profusely and said that they were never going to use that u/s place again (I agreed), I really didn't mind the waiting part I was off all day today and had planned on it being a busy day like this anyways, but they were severealy embarrassed.  At about 4pm, my OB's office finally got the results and the "little" one is estimated at a whopping 9.3lbs.  My OB was suggesting and thinking that I could do vaginal delivery but I was concerned.  We had already talked about a c-section and so in the end we decided to go with that.  So ladies I'm officially scheduled for tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck (and sleep)!

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tomorrow's the day!

• Options

YAY!  I'm so excited for you - it seems like this has been taking forever for you!  I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for nine years - where are you delivering?

Keep us posted - can't wait to see pictures of your little (or not so little) man!

Carla 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi Carla,

I'm delivering at Broward General on Andrews Avenue.  My DH is SUPER psyched as it's the same hospital he was born in, he jokingly asked for a discount when we visited (I was mortified-LOL)!

Bea  :O)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that didn't sound like fun! I too would opt for C-section if my baby was that size.
  • Options

Good luck tomorrow, Bea!!

Hope your delivery is smooth and that your little boy is healthy. I'm curious if the u/s estimate of his weight is accurate, too. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Congratulations, you and your big little man will be in my thoughts. Best to all of you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!!  I hope all goes well with your c section tomorrow.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebusybea:

Hi Carla,

I'm delivering at Broward General on Andrews Avenue.  My DH is SUPER psyched as it's the same hospital he was born in, he jokingly asked for a discount when we visited (I was mortified-LOL)!

Bea  :O)

How cool!  When I was in nursing school at Broward Community College (guess it's Broward College now?), I had my OB rotation at Broward General! Although, I'm sure it's changed a lot since 1996!

• Options
    This is so exciting,,,GL!
  • Options
    steverstever member
    Finally! Good luck tomorrow Bea, and I hope you get some sleep!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow! C/S definitely the way to go--my DD was estimated at 9 pounds, 2 ounces the week before she was due and we decided on a C/S at that point. So happy I made that decision ahead of time--dr. said she never would have fit coming out the other way! You will do great!
  • Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member

OMG - I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning.  I am sure all will go well. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

It must seem impossible to sleep. I hope you get a few hours.

• Options
    Hope all goes well with the c-section.
  • Options
    Good Luck!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thinking of you this monring! Good Luck!
  • Options
    WOOOHOOO Bea! I am so excited for you!
  • Options
    hope everything is going well!!   Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope everything went perfectly, and you managed to get some sleep!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"